Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Christmas party: what should HE wear?

1. Lovin' paradise!
    Lovin' paradise!

Question Christmas party: what should HE wear?

Advertisements
    So my husband's Christmas party is in 3 days (eek) and he literally has NOTHING to wear. He LIVES in shorts and tshirts and the only reason he owns a pair of dress shoes is because of our wedding, haha.

HELP!! He wants to wear khakis (go figure) but what type of shirt?? We live in Guam (the party is indoors) and the party invite says "island cocktail attire" and in an email it says button up shirt and slacks. I know this should be SO simple to shop for but I am so used to him just wearing his dress uniform for command events.
    susiebrandon

2. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

The most popular way to dress your guests is in a style we call “island cocktail attire.” What does that mean? It means no shorts, no jeans — no jackets, no ties. Most of the men will wear slacks with a light button down shirt and your girls will all wear sundresses no matter what. Okay, so I’ll grant you that not everybody knows what “island cocktail attire” means, and that’s okay. Just tell them.

Sandy’s Destination Wedding Blog Blog Archive Sandy’s Definition of “Island Cocktail Attire” for Destination Wedding Guests

It's a blog entry all about "Island Cocktail Attire".

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

As suggested in the blog, slacks and a short sleeve button down shirt, dress shoes/loafers. No sneakers/sandals/flip flops.

Personally my dh wears a t-shirt under dress shirts but your weather may not warrant that.
  4. Senior Member
    If it says "button up shirt and slacks", that's what I'd go with. If he has slacks (as opposed to khakis), that's probably better, but a crisp pair of khakis would probably work. I'd suggest DH wear a long sleeved button down shirt in a subdued pattern or solid.