Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brazilians Anyone?

1. Senior Member

Brazilians Anyone?

Advertisements
    Anyone get Brazilian waxes? DH is coming home soon () and I kind of want to get it done but I'm a little nervous about it! I'm also pregnant and will be about 38 weeks along when/if I get it done. I just can't see down there at this point to get all prettied up and it just seems so much more convenient to get waxed that way I'm not wielding a razor with one foot on the tub while I'm already so unbalanced. I'd be going at it blind Anyone have any tips/experiences? Seriously, how bad did it hurt?

Did anyone do it while pregnant? I read that it's safe during pregnancy, just that it may hurt more and I wouldn't be able to take Motrin before hand for obvious reasons (can't take it while pregnant).
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Im so going to be watching this thread

Also... for DH returning home
    Obstacles are put in our way to see if we can overcome them
    Awwsnails wife
    Solstice- Words to live by: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.". Abraham Lincoln
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurffle View Post
    Im so going to be watching this thread

Also... for DH returning home
    I'd never considered getting one before until I realized that I seriously cannot SEE what's going on down there anymore and it's driving me insane!

I know! I'm soooo excited!!!
  4. Always Smile :)
    Always Smile :)
    I've had one but I'm not pregnant! I am going to be honest and say that parts of it did hurt especially the top part! A good tip is to follow all of the after care they tell you to do and also to have tweezers on hand at home for the hairs they missed! A good thing is you do not have to shave for a while and it looks really good! Just do not be alarmed when it is really red for a day or two.

I'm planning on getting another one for when DB gets home which is really soon and the woman I go to uses chocolate wax and it smells sooo good, but she likes to use tape on top of wax [ouch].
    "All for one and one for all." ☮♥&EΣA
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyLauren View Post
    I've had one but I'm not pregnant! I am going to be honest and say that parts of it did hurt especially the top part! A good tip is to follow all of the after care they tell you to do and also to have tweezers on hand at home for the hairs they missed! A good thing is you do not have to shave for a while and it looks really good! Just do not be alarmed when it is really red for a day or two.

I'm planning on getting another one for when DB gets home which is really soon and the woman I go to uses chocolate wax and it smells sooo good, but she likes to use tape on top of wax [ouch].
    I've read that sometimes you can bruise a bit afterwards? Has that happened to you before?

I know that DH mentioned a Brazilian before and I'd always been too chicken to do it, I really want to surprise him with one!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You know what I did before dh came home?

I had one of those combo razors, that has the trimmer. Sat on the edge of an empty tub with a mirror

That baby belly is hard to see around lol
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I've had them done!!! Love them! Hurts like a bitch but it's nice to be smooth... But I want to get one done while pregnant but I'm scared with all the extra blood in my body it'll be more painful and bleed more.

Dh may or may not make fun of me for my hairy beaver right now

But like you said you can't see!!! Half the time I forget it's even down there since I can't see it and forget to even do my bikini line which dh thinks is the funniest thing ... Just the other day he said to me "oh holly you HAVE to do something about your beaver" I told him to shave it for me! Lol
  8. Always Smile :)
    Always Smile :)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrein View Post
    I've read that sometimes you can bruise a bit afterwards? Has that happened to you before?

I know that DH mentioned a Brazilian before and I'd always been too chicken to do it, I really want to surprise him with one!
    I've heard that too but I didn't thank God!!
    When I first went I was nervous because it is kind of awkward laying there and someone you do not know at all waxing your lady parts but you'll get over it!
    "All for one and one for all." ☮♥&EΣA
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tana Bear View Post
    You know what I did before dh came home?

I had one of those combo razors, that has the trimmer. Sat on the edge of an empty tub with a mirror

That baby belly is hard to see around lol
    I almost bought one of those the other day at CVS! I just don't have a suitable mirror to try something like that. I'd hate to borrow my sister's vanity mirror for that reason, I think she'd throw up

Quote Originally Posted by HollySunshine View Post
    I've had them done!!! Love them! Hurts like a bitch but it's nice to be smooth... But I want to get one done while pregnant but I'm scared with all the extra blood in my body it'll be more painful and bleed more.

Dh may or may not make fun of me for my hairy beaver right now

But like you said you can't see!!! Half the time I forget it's even down there since I can't see it and forget to even do my bikini line which dh thinks is the funniest thing ... Just the other day he said to me "oh holly you HAVE to do something about your beaver" I told him to shave it for me! Lol
    Aww! I'm sure that DH would be making fun of me too right now if he could see it. It's seriously forest like at this point, I haaaaate it! I didn't realize it til the other day when I looked in the mirror and I just wanted to die Did he help you out? I know DH has helped me reach areas I wasn't able to in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyLauren View Post
    I've heard that too but I didn't thank God!!
    When I first went I was nervous because it is kind of awkward laying there and someone you do not know at all waxing your lady parts but you'll get over it!
    oh that's good! Haha! Yeah, I think it would be a little awkward at first, but I'm not really shy about going to the gyno or anything, so I think I'd get over it pretty quickly, it's just the pain that I'm a little worried about. I keep thinking of that scene in the 40 year old virgin- and he's just doing his chest!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by silverrein View Post
    I almost bought one of those the other day at CVS! I just don't have a suitable mirror to try something like that. I'd hate to borrow my sister's vanity mirror for that reason, I think she'd throw up

The mirror I used was less than five bucks at walmart. It even has a little stand on the bottom

I am too scared to get a wax lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast