Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting Over

1. verabot89
    verabot89

Starting Over

Advertisements
    Well, 2011 sucked.

Like REALLY sucked.

But now it's almost over. I have an amazing DB. I know what I want to do with my life now (just don't know how to get started doing it yet!) and I'm starting to sense, in the tiniest bit, that things are going to figure themselves out.

So in honor of the swiftly ending year, and of moving on past the loss and depression and shittastic-ness that 2011 embodied, and being free from the weight of my life in Austin and everything I left behind there I have decided to do a mini-make over.

Step 1) Go blonde again. This drab brown, while natural and soft, makes me depressed. I felt so much prettier blonde.
    Step 2) Cut my hair back to shoulder length, get bangs again, and get layers
    Step 3) STOP biting my nails. This is a habit I've had since I was teeny tiny, and it's disgusting. My hands are hideous and embarrassing. It needs to stop, and I've never been successful before, but now's the time.
    Step 4) Lose ten to twenty pounds. I'm not an overweight person, but I feel fat and heavy and I feel like I'm going to just keep gaining weight and become obese like most of my family members if I don't lose some now.
    Step 5) This goes with step 4, but along with losing weight I want to introduce some kind of regular activity into my life. I HATE exercising, because it just feels like work to me, like something I have to do that I don't want to. But after work I'm going to buy a basketball and start just playing and being active. I want to play more and have more fun.

Will yall be my support and encouragement?
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

2. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    I'll try to stop biting/picking my nails with you!
  3. verabot89
    verabot89
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherBear View Post
    I'll try to stop biting/picking my nails with you!
    I'm rather motivated by money, so the only I plan I have is to put money in a jar every week, like $7. And each day have someone at work check my nails, and if I've bitten them then she gets to take a dollar from me. I want to start this tomorrow.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

4. H.A.M. since 1987
    H.A.M. since 1987
    Blog Entries
    i was JUST thinking about doing something like this for the new year! i'll definitely join in.
    "..and we're the 3 best friends that anyone could have."
    briannanoel is the best wifey ever!
  5. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I recently quit smoking, started a diet & stopped biting my nails, so if you need anyone to talk to, I'm here. Big changes can be hard but they're worth it. I joined Weight Watchers and that's really helped me with my nutrition and understanding what I'm eating, but it's not for everyone. I'm just nutritionally stupid.

When I stopped biting my nails, I stopped biting everything but my thumbs and then weaned myself of of them. Id been biting my nails for a long, long time.
  6. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I have a similar plan in mind! I'll join you! Put pics up after you dye your hair!
  7. verabot89
    verabot89
    Quote Originally Posted by oohrah_baby View Post
    I recently quit smoking, started a diet & stopped biting my nails, so if you need anyone to talk to, I'm here. Big changes can be hard but they're worth it. I joined Weight Watchers and that's really helped me with my nutrition and understanding what I'm eating, but it's not for everyone. I'm just nutritionally stupid.

When I stopped biting my nails, I stopped biting everything but my thumbs and then weaned myself of of them. Id been biting my nails for a long, long time.
    That's awesome! You quit smoking cold turkey right? Is it any easier now?

That's a good idea about the nail biting. I'll try that if I find myself biting.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

8. verabot89
    verabot89
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I have a similar plan in mind! I'll join you! Put pics up after you dye your hair!
    I'm going to try and use sun in, cause it works with a blow dryer (my best friend swears by it), and I hear it doesn't destroy your hair as bad as dying. I'll post gradual pictures as it changes!
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

9. Senior Member
    I want to do all of those things, expect maybe go shorter with my hair

You can do it!!
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  10. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Those sounds like AWESOME goals! You can do it!

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast