Thread: Make Up ?

1. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0

Make Up ?

Advertisements
    [ What's your favorite brand? ]

I am still learning the different [make up brands.]
  2. Senior Member
    Bare Essentials. Just got it a week or two ago after going through 3 or 4 different foundations. It's my absolute favorite. It doesn't clog your face, covers everything, aaaaand I love it.

3. Senior Member
    i use different brands for pretty much everything. for foundations and skin stuff i'd probably say make up for ever, i use their face and body foundation pretty much always and their HD line is also really good.

urban decay is the best imo for eye stuff, other than their mascaras which i'm not a fan of at all. i don't buy a lot of stuff from them because i'm not really into colors but they're really good quality and their palettes are priced fairly for what you get. the 24/7 eyeliners are the best on the market imo. good shade selection too.

nars has the best blushes, it's what they're famous for and there's a reason for that. i have several, way more than any person can really justify. my favorite is probably deep throat.

i tend to go drugstore for mascaras and lip stuff. occasionally i'll buy lipstick from mac if it's a really unique color that i MUST have, but i like pretty neutral things so drugstore is usually all i need. i like revlon for lip stuff and maybelline mascaras. l'oreal has good mascaras for special events too, the carbon black voluminous or whatever makes my eyelashes look fake but not spidery or gross. i don't buy it regularly though because i find it dries out really quickly.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Bare minerals foundation. Covers really well and looks very natural.
    Maybelline BIG (The pink and green bottle) mascara makes my eyelashes have tons of volume (they're short and straight) and they tend to flare really well.
    Any liquid eyeliner
    Various shades of brown eye shadow (they all work about the same IMO)
  5. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    I like NARS, Chanel, Dior, Make Up For Ever, Stila, Tarte, Fresh, Too Faced, Urban Decay, MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Armani, YSL, Laura Mercier, Revlon, Maybelline, Rimmel, Neutrogena, Prestige, Loreal, NYX.

I realize that's a lot of brands, but I can't really name one brand where I like everything, I like certain products from certain brands.
  6. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0
    Is it sad that I have not heard of half these brands you ladies are mentioning.. I am so out of it with make up.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by amberj View Post
    I like NARS, Chanel, Dior, Make Up For Ever, Stila, Tarte, Fresh, Too Faced, Urban Decay, MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Armani, YSL, Laura Mercier, Revlon, Maybelline, Rimmel, Neutrogena, Prestige, Loreal, NYX.

I realize that's a lot of brands, but I can't really name one brand where I like everything, I like certain products from certain brands.
    I think that's how it always is. Just have to find what works for you. And I often find the most expensive stuff works like crap for me.

Amberj: I'd totally hate to see your makeup bill
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by yaya03 View Post
    Is it sad that I have not heard of half these brands you ladies are mentioning.. I am so out of it with make up.
    You can find brands like Maybelline, Neutrogena, Covergirl, etc at Target and other brands such as Estee Lauder, MAC, Bare Minerals/Essentuals at a mall or in a Macy's
  9. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    I think that's how it always is. Just have to find what works for you. And I often find the most expensive stuff works like crap for me.

Amberj: I'd totally hate to see your makeup bill
    Believe me, it's ridiculous. I think I may have a problem
  10. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    You can find brands like Maybelline, Neutrogena, Covergirl, etc at Target and other brands such as Estee Lauder, MAC, Bare Minerals/Essentuals at a mall or in a Macy's
    I have heard of these. Just the others, I am amazed at many different make up brands there are. I feel like I have been in a nutshell about make up brands.

I am still learning how to even put on make up.

I use Maybelline and used MAC for my wedding. Thats about it.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast