Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Clothes Options....

1. Senior Member

Confused Work Clothes Options....

Advertisements
    Okay so I work at an office where the dress code is between business casual and professional. Nobody is coming in with a full on suit (like the jacket and whole nine yards) but everyone still looks nice and like we belong at work.

In the summer the air conditioning makes the office so darn cold, I don't want to be wearing sweaters to work, but I have to wear something over my shirt (especially if I am wearing a short sleeved blouse that day) otherwise I will freeze to death!

Other than a cardigan, what else could I wear as a cover-up. I have a few suitcoats but I really think they are too professional looking for my office. Definitely in need of a shopping excursion to get this all figured out. I have so many cute tops, but I can't wear them cause I know I'll be too cold and I don't want to be wearing the same two cardigans every single day! (I really will take any excuse to go shopping)
  2. Senior Member
    i think cardigans are your best choice. maybe try to mix it up and get a shorter or longer one? i would suggest a scarf or something like that, but it may get in the way.
    if you want to not look so monotone to everyone, try wearing your sweater when your sitting at your desk, but take it off when you get up and walk around. that way everyone can see your cute tops, and when you walk around you wont be so cold.
  3. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I have a bunch of cute sweaters I got from Target. They are very thin and they work when the AC is on
  4. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    I use a boyfriend blazer as a cover up a lot of the time when im cold. It works perfectly and can be casual or more dressy depending on what your wearing it with.
  5. Senior Member
    hmm I'll have to see what I can find... I'm going to try and look at Target and for a boyfriend blazer and I'll see what I can come up with.

my main problem is when I am wearing brown... cause I can't wear a black cardigan (obviously) but I really don't want to have to wear white every time I wear brown.
  6. Senior Member

I just keep a couple sweaters at my office and throw them on when I get chilly.
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

cardis, I would wear a suit jacket if it wasn't matching the bottoms, a blazer

8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueHooahGal View Post
    hmm I'll have to see what I can find... I'm going to try and look at Target and for a boyfriend blazer and I'll see what I can come up with.

my main problem is when I am wearing brown... cause I can't wear a black cardigan (obviously) but I really don't want to have to wear white every time I wear brown.
    You could a few colored cardigans
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think that a short jacket would look fine, as long as it didn't match your pants. You know, like black pants with a colored jacket, something not to dressy looking.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    I think that a short jacket would look fine, as long as it didn't match your pants. You know, like black pants with a colored jacket, something not to dressy looking.

oooh I really like this! Where did you find it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast