Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I just don't know what to do with my hair!!!

1. Senior Member

I just don't know what to do with my hair!!!

Advertisements
    I am so frustrated with my hair. It just is so boring and I don't feel pretty with it anymore....

I need help deciding what to do. I already have an appointment today....

I want to keep the color fairly similar, because with the baby coming soon I won't have the time or money to spend on getting it colored every three months. I also want a cut that is pretty easy to style and low maintainance. Basically I blow dry my hair and then run a straightening iron through it. I suck with a round brush everywhere except the front, so nothing that requires a lot of round-brushing.

I have been growing my hair out for the past year or so and I feel like it just kinda looks...BLAH.

I can do it curly like this, but it takes an extra 20 minutes to do. I love it this way, but with a baby coming I just don't feel like it's going to be functional for me. The color in this pic is much blonder than it is now. (It should resize soon...It's just taking forever).

When I just straighten it, it looks like this. This is the color it currently is and is pretty close to my natural, dirty blonde color. This pic was taken the night after I got it done last time.

This is what it looks like now. It just feels flat and blah and booo I don't do my hair because I feel like it has no shape. And these are the best pics I have, since I never do my hair anymore. It is still the same color as the pic above, but it's really grown out.

And this is what I had a year ago before I decided to grow it out. It's just a short, layered cut that sat on my shoulders.

Soooooo I kinda just need some help!!! I want something easy to style and care for and easy to main and something that's going to make me look more my age... Because with the long straight hair I kinda feel like I'm in high school again and people give me evil stares now that the belly is showing.

Just in case anyone asks - talked to my OB about getting color and he said high lights are ok, just no full color. Which is cool! :smiley

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    i love your hair short

the last pic is super cute! was that easy to style???

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  3. Senior Member
    It was pretty easy to style!! It took less time to dry and it seemed to fall into place more easily than when its long. I do like the shorter cut too..

Does it fit my face better??

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    i like shorter hair...it looks cute and sassy

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  5. "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    I like the shorter cut! It makes your look your age (I think you are right about looking young with the long hair lol) and it frames your face nice
  6. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    may i say something that you'll totally object to but other first time moms/women will agree with?

KEEP IT LONG!! yes, you feel "ugly" right now but get over the hump you're on, because once that baby comes out you wont have time to do your hair at all. I get out of the shower (if i get to shower that day..) and I throw my hair up in a pony tail still wet.

I'm exhausted some days to the extent that I can't keep my eyes open come noon.

Don't go shorter than something that can fit into a ponytail... that's all I'm sayin!!!

annnnddd i'm off my soap box.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonVan View Post
    I like the shorter cut! It makes your look your age (I think you are right about looking young with the long hair lol) and it frames your face nice
    I think it does fit my face a little bit better too. I guess I just feel like I look 16 again with the long hair...haha

Quote Originally Posted by wcchick712 View Post
    may i say something that you'll totally object to but other first time moms/women will agree with?

KEEP IT LONG!! yes, you feel "ugly" right now but get over the hump you're on, because once that baby comes out you wont have time to do your hair at all. I get out of the shower (if i get to shower that day..) and I throw my hair up in a pony tail still wet.

I'm exhausted some days to the extent that I can't keep my eyes open come noon.

Don't go shorter than something that can fit into a ponytail... that's all I'm sayin!!!

annnnddd i'm off my soap box.
    Haha That's basically what I do everyday already. The shorter hair at the bottom is actually long enough to fit into a pony tail. I've never cut my hair short enough not to... I'm not that brave!! haha.

I guess I kinda just want something that's easy to care for so when I DO want to style it, it's easy and quick. Maybe even if it's just for a little pick me up...

:smiley Thank you

8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I like it short, but trust me, with a baby comming you won't be able to style it every day, most day's I pull mine back in a ponytail or pull a little at the front back with a clip. If you keep it long, get a few of those aligator clip things that you can just pull back, twist up and clip, soo easy and looks good.