Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing for humidity?

1. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries

Dressing for humidity?

Advertisements
    I'm going to be in Nashville in a few weeks for a conference. I'm from Alaska, living in Arizona. I'm not used to humidity, and have never spent any decent amount of time anywhere that is humid.

Help! What should I bring? And how do I keep my hair under control?

Dress is business casual, with a fancy awards dinner one night.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  2. Senior Member

i live in az too, and im from ohio. so i know both. i suggest clothes that breathe. light cottons. nothing heavy. you'll probably be indoors mostly though. as for your hair, i suggest light hair spray. and depending on your hair length, and the humidity, i would keep it straightened, or in a ponytail. if you really want to get fancy, try some frizz serum.
    your living in az, so you know about heat! think of the humidity as wet heat. its really not that much different clothing wise.
  3. Senior Member
    oops double post!
  4. Senior Member
    I live in east tn and lived in Nashville for a few months but the weather isn't much different. Most of my clothes are light cotton shirts and dresses and shorts and stuff. I think if you wear dresses and skirts are good for the heat and a light shirt and you should be fine

As for humidity and your hair, my hair gets frizzy very easily with the humidity but if I use my straightner that usually works. I also found some really awesome frizz stuff that I would use if I didn't use my straightner but they don't make it anymore but you could try Something like that too. Humidity hasn't been too bad done here lately but it also has been in the 70s the past week. Today it was 90 and not too humid but I dunno about the rest of the week
  5. Senior Member
    It is DEATH HUMID in New York right now. It never gets crazy hot like the south but it definitely is humid. Cotton, light clothes are usually a plus and hair...well, I never got hair + humidity down so I'm usually in a ponytail all summer haha.

"I know I'm young but if I had to choose him or the sun,
    I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun."
  6. Senior Member
    Pony tail, french braid, just pulled back in a clip. I am from the south and go to the east coast where in the summer it is just as bad as it is in the south. That is what I do with my hair.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    yeah prob hair up so u don't have to stress about it...oh and for clothes pick colors that won't show sweat..like black or white

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  8. Senior Member
    Definitely sweat approved colors, because if you're not used to humidity, you're going to sweat buckets. No way around that :-( Cotton.

I have really straight hair that goes absolutely flat in humidity, so if I'm even thinking of trying to style it, I usually use Biolage Thermal Active Setting spray on my hair either before blowdrying or curling.

Stay in the A/C :-)
  9. Senior Member
    Definitely sweat approved colors, because if you're not used to humidity, you're going to sweat buckets. No way around that :-( Cotton.

I have really straight hair that goes absolutely flat in humidity, so if I'm even thinking of trying to style it, I usually use Biolage Thermal Active Setting spray on my hair either before blowdrying or curling.

Stay in the A/C :-)
  10. Senior Member
    Bring a good conditioner. My hair gets SUPER frizzy here...... or I just throw on some REDKEN smoothe down butter treat.
    As everyone else mentioned........ comfy light cotton clothes. I always rock the flops to
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast