Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adult Acne

1. Senior Member

Adult Acne

Advertisements
    My face has been breaking out like crazy lately. I have tried Benz. peroxide and a few other items. Anyone use anything that really works? I have combo skin fyi. I am 36 and thought I was done with acne like 20 years ago!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenmom View Post
    My face has been breaking out like crazy lately. I have tried Benz. peroxide and a few other items. Anyone use anything that really works? I have combo skin fyi. I am 36 and thought I was done with acne like 20 years ago!
    I sell BeautiControl products and their "Clear" set is wonderful! I have a lot of clients with cystic acne that love this product. The set comes with 5 products: a cleanser, a scrub(only use every other day),a tonic,moisturizer for acne prone skin and then a duo stick pin<----the best product out there. If you get a zit you put it on it at night and seriously it reduces the size of the blemish over night. Then on the other end of that pin is the day part and it just keeps any make up from getting into it further.

If you are interested let me know I would be willing to work something out for ya! I will give you a military discount as I would with anyone on here that is interested.

Good Luck!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenmom View Post
    Oh, my. I know your pain.

I had great skin until about a year after my son was born. Then, my face started to freak out. (I was about 23 then.) Oily, blackheads, and about four to six larger pimples at all times that took FOREVER to go away.

I was on benz, then was prescribed antibiotics, then Retin-A, until finally at the age of 26 I was prescribed Accutane. That stuff was HARSH, but it nipped it in the bud and I've been on Tazorac .1% cream ever since. (31 now)

My face has recently seen an uptick in blackheads and minor acne, but I attribute that to going off Yasmin BCP and my hormones adjusting. Being 36, is it possible your hormones might be changing a bit?? More testosterone and less estrogen can cause acne to flare.

IF the benz isn't working, maybe you can go to the DR and get a script for some antibiotics, or Retin-A. If the acne is pretty mild, those should certainly do the trick. Not sure what your $$ situation is, but I've been going to get weekly microdermabrasion treatments lately, and those have really boosted the appearance of my skin. (I work at a clinic that's attached to a medical spa, so I get them for like $10 a pop.)

Another thing to consider is if it's even acne. Could it be rosacea?? If so, benz will only irritate it and make it worse.

Just my 2 cents!! Hope it helps
  4. Pilot's Princess
    Pilot's Princess
    The Proactiv refining mask is AWESOME, I use the whole system but if you had to choose one thing I think the mask works the best, in conjunction with whatever other products you use
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I am pretty sure it is the surge in my hormones. I thought since DB was gone for a while, I would have some clear skin. I think I might try a derm to see that they have to say.
  6. Senior Member
    I get really bad, odd breakouts if I am hormonal or stressing, the rest of the time, I don't really have any problems, thank goodness, but sometimes cleaning up the "mess" takes some time, which is really annoying.

I am thinking about getting one of the systems (maybe even the new foam one, as it seems to be really gentle) but I am not sure. But yea, screwing up my BC can lead into a huge breakout.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

if you want more natural alternatives, I use the oil cleansing method. You can look up threads on here, i know there were a few, or just go to their website, The Oil Cleansing Method - A simple, cleansing facial massage for clear skin!. I used 20% castor oil, with about 80% sunflower seed oil. Then I add tea tree oil. I only used about 20 drops per bottle (3 oz bottle). Then if I have a really bad breakout, i use a cotton swab and dab on just a drop of tea tree oil onto the pimple. THey go away super fast! I love it, and my skin is sensitive, so most products are too harsh, but with this I never need to moisturize! You should give it a try!
  8. Taking things one day at a time
    Taking things one day at a time
    I hate my face. One side breaks out and the other doesn't. The one side that breaks out just keep breaking out and won't go away. Started BC a few weeks ago and hope that will help, but not holding my breath. I thought about going to see a dermotologist. I've heard of people using tea tree oil, but it's oil so that makes me leary.
  9. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    I just recently went to the dermo for my face...I think I'm allergic to something though....it's getting better.

Your best bet is probably the derm If nothing else works.
  10. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    if you want more natural alternatives, I use the oil cleansing method. You can look up threads on here, i know there were a few, or just go to their website, The Oil Cleansing Method - A simple, cleansing facial massage for clear skin!. I used 20% castor oil, with about 80% sunflower seed oil. Then I add tea tree oil. I only used about 20 drops per bottle (3 oz bottle). Then if I have a really bad breakout, i use a cotton swab and dab on just a drop of tea tree oil onto the pimple. THey go away super fast! I love it, and my skin is sensitive, so most products are too harsh, but with this I never need to moisturize! You should give it a try!
    ETA: Oil cleansing method...I started it last year...have done it for the past 6 months or so...made my skin GORGEOUS...Then all of a sudden it started getting bad..had no idea why. I FINALLY broke down and went to the dermatologist, and I told her I'd been using sunflower oil to wash with, and it had made my skin perfect.

She then told me that after much use, it can cause you to get cystic acne...which is why I think I started breaking out...so just beware that little tidbit...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast