Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waxing?

1. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!

waxing?

Advertisements
    Has anyone ever gotten waxed before. I've gotten my eyebrows done. But I was thinking about getting more when DB gets back from deployment. Is it worth it? I've heard it only lasts 3 weeks And how painful is it really? I'm scared haha.
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Sorry sweetie, eyebrows are the only place I've ever waxed. I'm too scared to get anything else waxed, lol. Thank Heaven for the Venus razor! lol

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    I'm the same! Only gotten my eyebrows waxed but I want to get everything done before DH gets home!! I'm scared
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Just make sure it's like 3 or 4 days before he gets home so the irritation has time to subside!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Senior Member
    Ive never had anything waxed. Im even to scared to do my eyebrows. ouch......
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I did it for the first time in December. It hurt some, yes... but OMG... it was AWESOME. I had a full Brazilian. And what's nice is that the hair does NOT grow back the same way as when you shave. It grows back gradually and more "naturally" and fine... not stubbly AT ALL so there's no itching, etc. The best advice I can give is what someone told me--get some "scrubby" mitts to exfoliate to prevent ingrown hairs (I didn't have any at all).

I didn't have the money to do it when I wanted to get it done in January--so I shaved. UGH... all that did was remind me that waxing is SOOOOO much better. I'm planning on going within the next few days and I can't WAIT to have all that hair gone again.

If you do it regularly and don't shave in between, the hair will continue to grow in slower, less, and finer... and it hurts the worst the first time I'm told. Yes, it hurts, but it's over with pretty quickly and it's SO freakin' worth it.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Senior Member
    I tired to get it done, and boy did that hurt! I ended up getting a bikini and some of it hurt REALLY bad and others not so much. I didn't cry or anything but still I'm not sure if I could do it again. Also, they used 2 different types of wax too, and whenever they used the hard wax you could barely feel it. Also, I get my pits done too and I LOVE it!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I really would love to do it sometime. I get my eye brows done and have been tempted to get my arms done I dont like my arm hair lol but dont know.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I've only had eyebrows and lip done =/ The lip was enough pain for me! Sometimes if I miss a hair shaving I'll tweeze it though so it can't be much worse than that..
  10. Senior Member
    Im scared to do it too but I want to! Just getting my eyebrows waxed brings tears to my eyes though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast