Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a TAN!!!

1. Senior Member

Wow Need a TAN!!!

Advertisements
    I'm like so freakin white i need a tan.. i have tried tanning beds but i end up just having the bulb outlines on my skin (major sunburn).. i was finally getting a tan before we moved from ga but it was sooooo light only my hubs could really tell (i had tan lines ) but now i have been here in wa where it is to cold to do anything that i have gone back to snow white.. i am due to be moving to Guam in a matter of months and i don't won't to blind anyone with my paleness so i was wondering what kinda tanners look natural? i don't want to be orange and a whole lot of lotion tanners turn me that color. i have tried the mystic tan stuff but to me it was a cheap tanner cause even though i used lotion it still got into the creases of my fingers and turned them orange ..
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    To be honest I have never found a cream that looks natural...

My suggestion would be to try the beds again. Idk how you were doing it the first time around, but if you are that white you should start out at like 8 min (20 min max bed), and then the next time go for 10 for a few sessions, then maybe 13 min for another few sessions and slowly build up.
  3. Senior Member
    Try using Jergens Natural Glow. My sister and I both use it. It's not a true self-tanner so you won't turn orange or anything! I think it's around $7 a bottle, at least it was when I bought some at Target a few days ago.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'd try the beds again as well. They have different ones for different skin types so maybe the one you used was too strong for you?
  5. Senior Member
    I would try a spray or the natural glow as well. I've always used Nutrogena instant bronze and use gloves whenever I apply. Don't try to go to an extreme unatural tan for your skin or else it will make you orange....

I used to do tanning beds but prefer to not anymore.

Hopefully you will find one that works for you.
  6. Regular Member
    I like Jergens Natural Glow too. Although I just started using a level 4 tanning bed as well. It's much more expensive but a lot better for my fair skin. maybe try that?
  7. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I was a manager at a tanning salon for 3 years and if you choose to tan again you definitely need to start out slow. If you are VERY white then I would start out no more than 5 or 6 minutes (if you are going in a 20 minute max bed). Do 6 minutes a couple times then bump up to 8 minutes a time or 2 then 10 for a few sessions and so on and so forth. I usually suggested to my clients to not bump up for more than 2 minutes at a time if they are really pale. But slowness is key to not burning and you DO want to use a professional tanning lotion in the tanning beds. You can purchase one that doesn't have a bronzer (which is what I would suggest starting out with no color whatsoever). And once you start to build a base tan if you like, you can buy a lotion with a bronzer to help you build color faster. But lotions will keep your skin moisturized while you tan which is key to getting good color that lasts and doesn't fade super fast, plus at home you want to use a good moisturizer after you shower. If you want more tips feel free to PM me... I was smart tan certified
  8. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Jergen's natural glow (make sure you buy for fair skin) will help a bit, but once it reaches it's max color, it will turn orange if you keep applying every day. And you have to watch your elbows, knees, toes, and hands to make sure you don't overload and turn them orange/brown (wash your hands after).
    The spray tans at tanning salons work well but only last a week or 2.
    But yeah, you're problem def sounds like you laid in the bed too long, and probably didn't use any lotion. DCWife knows what she's talking about! I used to tan when I was younger without lotion 'cuz I thought it was just them trying to make more money, but now I won't even bother tanning if I forget my lotion. Just go to a reputable tanning salon by you and explain your problem, and they'll help you figure out which bed and lotion is best for you!
  9. Senior Member
    thanks ladies for all the tips i have used the jergens but it just turned me orange... i am very very pale i guess i'll try to use the beds again...

Quote Originally Posted by DCWife09 View Post
    I was a manager at a tanning salon for 3 years and if you choose to tan again you definitely need to start out slow. If you are VERY white then I would start out no more than 5 or 6 minutes (if you are going in a 20 minute max bed). Do 6 minutes a couple times then bump up to 8 minutes a time or 2 then 10 for a few sessions and so on and so forth. I usually suggested to my clients to not bump up for more than 2 minutes at a time if they are really pale. But slowness is key to not burning and you DO want to use a professional tanning lotion in the tanning beds. You can purchase one that doesn't have a bronzer (which is what I would suggest starting out with no color whatsoever). And once you start to build a base tan if you like, you can buy a lotion with a bronzer to help you build color faster. But lotions will keep your skin moisturized while you tan which is key to getting good color that lasts and doesn't fade super fast, plus at home you want to use a good moisturizer after you shower. If you want more tips feel free to PM me... I was smart tan certified
    sweetness

will do...
  10. Senior Member
    I say pale is beautiful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast