Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Water (I need hair help!)

1. Senior Member

Hard Water (I need hair help!)

Advertisements
    When I moved to Ohio in September, I had to start using a more intense toner for my skin because it was so dry. I also had to start using head and shoulders because the water was drying out my scalp. I recently went from black hair, to blonde hair, back to brown, which I know is part of the reason I'm having this problem, but I'm just a point where I don't know what to do.

When my hair is wet, it's like wet sphagetti in some spots (Which I know is from over processing.) and feels waxy in other parts. When my hair finally dries, (I've avoided a blow dryer and flat iron for almost 2 months now) parts of it feel fine, and other parts are just fried and dry. I had cut off about 4-5 inches of my hair where it was really damaged and if I cut anymore I'll just be miserable. (It's pretty short already.)

I've tried using Dove intense mositure, TIGI Dumb Blonde for intense damage and repair, Pantien reconstructing, head and shoulders, Organix shampoo and conditioner, etc. It had started to get back to a healthy state and I've noticed this past week it's starting to just go downhill again. I'm not sure if I need a claifying shampoo because of build up, or what. All I know is the water here is part of the problem. And before I go out to buy bottles of spring water just to wash my hair, I wanted to see if anyone had any advice or suggestions?

2. Senior Member

OMG!!! This has saved my hair for years. You can use it as a daily conditioner like I do or you can also deep condition and leave it on overnight with a shower cap.

Your hair will feel like butter...

Biolage Deep Conditioning Balm

(Don't tell anyone...it is a secret)
  3. Senior Member
    Thank you! I'll keep it on the DL.

4. Senior Member
    I have the same problem here in Montana because the water is really harsh on my hair and I just use head and shoulders and pantien conditioner but when i get out of the shower and dry my hair a little a put a little but of CHI silk fusion in my hair. It just protects my hair and makes it feel smooth and when I style my hair it doesn't damage it. I straighten my hair pretty much everyday and the silk fusion keeps the moisture in my hair. You can find it pretty much anywhere. I usually get mine at walmart.
  5. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I had the same problem also. My hairdresser told me to use a reconstructor. They sell them at salons (one is called Joico that I used) and can get a bit pricey. But I like one that is sold at Sally's. I forget what it is called but it is made from volcanic ash. You use it as you would a conditioner. Shampoo your hair then towel dry it and get as much moisture out of it as you can and apply it. Use a comb to brush it through your hair to get it on every strand and leave it in for about 5 minutes then rinse it out. You can even leave it in overnight and rinse it out in the morning. But it works to basically reconstruct the damage and puts moisture back into your hair. I love it! I'll try to remember what it is called!
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitz View Post
    Thank you! I'll keep it on the DL.
    Word.

Did you go out and get it yet????
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decks View Post
    Word.

Did you go out and get it yet????
    Hahaha. Not yet. DH gets paid Friday

8. Regular Member
    I'd try a clarifying shampoo. I'm originally from Ohio, lived there 19 years and recently moved to WA where my hair did this. I tried everything, and one day just grabbed a cheap bottle of suave clarifying. It worked wonders. Now i use it every couple shampoos and my hair is back to gorgeous Good luck!
  9. Regular Member
    My mom straightens her hair every other day and uses higher end shampoo/conditioner (keraste or however you spell it). About once a month she uses a really intense conditioner that i think is made by the people who make mane and tail.
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitz View Post
    Hahaha. Not yet. DH gets paid Friday
    That's cool. It costs about 18 bucks...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast