Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bare essentials reviews?

1. Senior Member

Bare essentials reviews?

Advertisements
    Any good? I bought them yesterday cus I don't need full coverage and I'd run out of my old mousse foundation. It made me feel a tad oily and overdone anyway.

I like how light these are but I'm still not sure about how long it lasts and the whole "shimmery" shiney sheen it gave me today... Maybe that was the bronzer? Maybe that was the "veil" layer you put on top.

Anyone used it? What do u think? How do you use these products?
  2. Regular Member
    all i know about them is my mom uses them and loves them. i tried it once for pictures and it didn't feel heavy at all. and it blended well with my skin. did you get the video for it? it helped my mom haha.
    Being an Army girlfriend is my superpower

3. Senior Member
    Nope, no video. I got it from Ulta (a make up store near my house... idk if its chain?)
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc View Post
    Nope, no video. I got it from Ulta (a make up store near my house... idk if its chain?)
    hmmm maybe the website has some info?
    Being an Army girlfriend is my superpower

5. Senior Member
    Any good? I bought them yesterday cus I don't need full coverage and I'd run out of my old mousse foundation. It made me feel a tad oily and overdone anyway.

I like how light these are but I'm still not sure about how long it lasts and the whole "shimmery" shiney sheen it gave me today... Maybe that was the bronzer? Maybe that was the "veil" layer you put on top.

Anyone used it? What do u think? How do you use these products?
    I have it. Thought I would try it out. I love the fact that I can make the coverage fit what I need. Like if I have a bit of a spot that needs a heavier hand than I do that with the foundation brush and than powder the rest of me. I have found that the colors are not quite right (and I got the lightest shades they have) but once summer comes I should be good.

One thing I would suggest is use a different primer than the one they give. That one has a bit of silicone in it and if your face breaks out easy it could make it break out. Use your regular moisturizer and if you have the money to spare sometime just pop into ulta and see what they have for a FACE primer (like urban decay has one but it might be more than you want to spend). Ask one of the ladies walking the floor for a quality face primer that is inexpensive. And than make sure what they show you is not an eyeshadow primer but for the face. I once had one of their employees tell me they did not sell anything that can turn a powder shadow into a cream liner and I found it for her.

It is a chain. A good chain.
  6. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    I have been using the "warmth" as a bronzer in the summers, especially in Hawaii, for several years, and loved it. Just a few months ago, I went through a medical treatment in which I could use no oils on my skin and Bare Minerals make-up was the only make-up I could wear during the treatment.
    I do like how light it feels, but the only problem I have was covering up the dark circles under my eyes from my allergies. I'm sure they have some sort of concealer product to correct that, but I didn't look into it.
    I just dab a bit of concealer under my eyes now on the bad days and continue to use the Bare Minerals for all over coverage. Think I'll make a permanent switch. Their eye shadow shimmers are to die for!
    Hope you enjoy them!
  7. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Oh, and regarding how to use them.... the lady at Nordstrom told me to just put some on the brush and use a firm, circular motion to apply to the face. Don't know whether that helps you.... I don't have a video either.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guerita View Post
    I have been using the "warmth" as a bronzer in the summers, especially in Hawaii, for several years, and loved it. Just a few months ago, I went through a medical treatment in which I could use no oils on my skin and Bare Minerals make-up was the only make-up I could wear during the treatment.
    I do like how light it feels, but the only problem I have was covering up the dark circles under my eyes from my allergies. I'm sure they have some sort of concealer product to correct that, but I didn't look into it.
    I just dab a bit of concealer under my eyes now on the bad days and continue to use the Bare Minerals for all over coverage. Think I'll make a permanent switch. Their eye shadow shimmers are to die for!
    Hope you enjoy them!
    If you got the boxed set with the 2 shades of powder, the mineral veil, the bronzer and the three brushes that is all you need. In theory.

Try the foundation brush (the small one that is more compact and unlike the other two) and after your primer or moisturizer has set for at least 10 mins than take some product on your brush and pat it down on the spot that needs more coverage. Than apply the rest as usual.

I just used bare minerals on two guys on a photo shoot. That is the only products I used and honestly *tooting my own horn here* I thought they looked good. Did not look made up and looked very natural with great skin.
  9. Senior Member
    Do you really suggest a primer? I've never really heard anyone talk about using that. Ever. Does it just help the make up stick, stay and last? I use a moisturizer every day that I love, so from what you said I'm guessing thats probably all I need. My skin is pretty clear.
  10. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    No, I didn't buy the box set. Too complicated for me, all those steps and to take all that time. The one powder is enough for me: in summer, I don't even use the warmth all over my face, just to highlight as a bronzer, and the light just one swoosh all over the face. Yes, there are some allergy days with dark circles.... But thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast