Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: S/O Makeup Removal - what are your necessities??

1. Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(

Confused S/O Makeup Removal - what are your necessities??

Advertisements
    I'm 28 years old..... and I am PARANOID about getting older..... so I am an advocate for taking care of myself....

I'm a Mary Kay cosmetic freak there are about 8 different products that I use on my daily! Sometimes twice a day

Just a synopsis: cleanser, moisturizer, day solution, night solution, firming eye cream, eye revitalizer, even complexion essence, microdermabrasion (2 x a week), and more.....

I also do a LOT for my hair, I have regular conditioners, leave in conditioners, silk serums, curl boosters!

um yeah......

So is there anyone else out that is a freak of nature like me????
    Our perfectly, not perfect, family!
  2. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

I wash my face with a soap made w/olive oil. I use Vit E oil to remove my eye makeup. I then use the Loreal hydra-renewal lotion or the off brand (equate) regenerating perfecting cream (equvilent of Oil of Olay).
    When I need to deep moisturize I mix equal parts of olive oil/castor oil/sunflower oil then apply to my face, rub in in circles for about 2-3 minutes then get a washcloth wet with pretty warm water, hold it to my face for about a minute then gently wipe off oil. I repeat the washcloth process about 2-3 times.

I've been told I don't look 46... But I do know I don't have alot of wrinkles. Oh! And I am NOT a sun worshipper. I don't go tanning and I don't sunbath. I used a foundation with sunscreen in it also.
  3. Senior Member
    Ummmm no sorry honey you are the only freak so far

As I stated in the other thread, facial wash, toner and moisturizer. I rarely wear makeup since I was about say 25 or so (now only on special occasions or when I am going to do makeup so I at least look like I know what I am doing). I do on occasion wear a tinted sunblock in the summer but general I don't even do that.

For my hair, regardless of what anyone says my hair does not deal well with cheap brands. So I go from the big name salon brands than when that is out I will do a cheaper salon brand you can get at a beauty supply place, than back to big name. And I have had many a stylist tell me they are jealous of how healthy my hair is all the time.
  4. It is what it is....
    It is what it is....
    By no means are you wierd for having all of that as a skin care routine! I use L'Bri products which are all natural, aloe based products. I use a deep pore cleanser, toner/refresher, eye gel and moisturizer twice a day. Twice a week, I do a facial peel. I am only 28 and have had melanoma, so my skin is very smooth and wrinkle free (from not being able to bask in the ) and I am still crazy about keeping my skin this way! ....Although I do know it is inevitable....wrinkles are as sure of a thing as taxes......

For my hair, I have naturally curly hair that I straighten. I have a straightening serum I put in my hair before I dry it and then I have a serum that protects my hair from the heat of the straightening iron. Dont get me wrong, there are some days I say screw it and just throw my hair back in a pony tail and go sans makeup!
  5. Senior Member
    Philosphy face wash
    Neutrogena alcohol free toner
    Clinique Dramatically different Moisturizer
    Carmex for lips
    Burts Bee's blemish stick for pimples
    I try to do a cucumber/avacdo mask once a week. It leaves my skin super clean and really smooth.

6. Senior Member

Nope. It's just you LaDonna.