Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup help and tips thread

1. Senior Member

Makeup help and tips thread

Advertisements
    Ask me what you will. I will do my best to answer you properly if it is a question concerning what item or type of item is needed for something (ie primer for your type of skin). And I will give my honest opinion when asked.

Let it be known while I am certified and trained under some great artists I am still learning and I have great resources at my disposal.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What would be the best eye shadow colors for blue eyes? Id love to make them pop more.
  3. wherever i am, you'll always be.
    wherever i am, you'll always be.
    Awesome! I have olive toned skin. Brown shadows tend to look orangey on me and lighter colors look ridiculous, so I always stick to a dark green or mauve or gold. I want to try some of the crazy bright greens and pinks that are out now. Would it clash with my skin tone? My eyes are green if that helps!
  4. Senior Member
    What is the best makeup combination for a 13 year old that uses the minimum. I let DD wear mascara and a light powder coverup. Good, or should I let her do more?

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  5. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    I have small, round eyes, what's the best way to make them stand out? They are a greenish blue color.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    What is the best makeup combination for a 13 year old that uses the minimum. I let DD wear mascara and a light powder coverup. Good, or should I let her do more?
    This really is a parent's choice. I personally would allow a little light colored gloss. Flavored if she wants it but otherwise no. I know rimmel makes some nice colors as does NYX. But pretty much everyone does gloss. I would not go to costly (normally I think when you spend a bit more you get a product that stays better and has better ingredients) but for a young girl and gloss its not that important.

Do what you feel is comfortable. I was just at my son's jr high and there were so many girls I could tell were in full face. I personally think that is not called for at their age.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    This really is a parent's choice. I personally would allow a little light colored gloss. Flavored if she wants it but otherwise no. I know rimmel makes some nice colors as does NYX. But pretty much everyone does gloss. I would not go to costly (normally I think when you spend a bit more you get a product that stays better and has better ingredients) but for a young girl and gloss its not that important.

Do what you feel is comfortable. I was just at my son's jr high and there were so many girls I could tell were in full face. I personally think that is not called for at their age.
    Thanks. Gloss it is! I think young girls look so much prettier when they have just a hint of makeup.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherMo View Post
    I have small, round eyes, what's the best way to make them stand out? They are a greenish blue color.
    First do you wear eyeliner? If not than adding that would be helpful as long as you wear it the way that will accentuate your eyes. If you do but don't do it the right way than you need to change it up.

First for the top line do not go all the way to the inside corner. Start about 2/3 of the way in *which is approx about where your iris starts* and go to the outside corner. On the bottom again don't start all the way at the inside corner. On the bottom you want to start 1/3 of the way in and go to the corner. And you can use a white liner on your bottom waterline to give the appearance of a bit more white before your skin starts.

And with the eyeliner and shadow you can wing it out at the outside corner to make your eyes appear a bit less round.

If you want me to draw up a picture to explain let me know. It will be a crude drawing but I can do it for you if a picture will help.
  9. Senior Member
    hmmmm, white liner on the bottom for more "eye white" I LIKE THAT!

10. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    First do you wear eyeliner? If not than adding that would be helpful as long as you wear it the way that will accentuate your eyes. If you do but don't do it the right way than you need to change it up.

First for the top line do not go all the way to the inside corner. Start about 2/3 of the way in *which is approx about where your iris starts* and go to the outside corner. On the bottom again don't start all the way at the inside corner. On the bottom you want to start 1/3 of the way in and go to the corner. And you can use a white liner on your bottom waterline to give the appearance of a bit more white before your skin starts.

And with the eyeliner and shadow you can wing it out at the outside corner to make your eyes appear a bit less round.

If you want me to draw up a picture to explain let me know. It will be a crude drawing but I can do it for you if a picture will help.
    I wear liner on the top but not the bottom. I used to do a little white on the bottom but I completely forgot about that. I've never thought about winging it out, I'll have to try that.

If you can draw a picture that would be great, but if not that's alright. Thanks for your help!
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast