Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair products HELP, please!

1. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries

Help hair products HELP, please!

Advertisements
    This is my hair:

It's medium brown with red highlights.

I want to switch all my hair products. Right now, I'm using Pantene ProV Smooth shampoo and conditioner. I don't really use any styling products, mainly because I have NO idea what to use.

When my hair is dry, it tends to be poofy and have strays flying everywhere so I usually wear my hair up, but I need a change. It's the new year, and I'm ready to start taking care of myself better.

I guess you could say it's lifeless...

I don't want to spend more than $4 or $5 for each product. I would like to be able to have things that I can easily get at the drugstore/walmart/target. Also, it's not a must, but I like when things smell good and clean, not flowery.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I love garnier fructis. It's cheap, doesn't leave a build up and there are a TON of options.
  3. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyAllison View Post
    I love garnier fructis. It's cheap, doesn't leave a build up and there are a TON of options.
    I agree! Thats all I use for my hair.
  4. Senior Member
    I would recommenced purology( i have super thin flat hair unless I use it) but it is out of that price range. However, just to put it in perspective i use 2 small bottles a year because you only need about a dime sized amount.
    Hope you find something that works for you!
  5. I hail from MPLS
    I hail from MPLS
    I used to use salon products ONLY... Still kinda do, BUT I remember once when I was staying with an ex db, I used his 99 cent Suave shampoo and my hair was AWESOME while I used it.
    PARTICIPATING IN JAN 4 BOYCOTT

I have Wifeys!! : an everyday love, *larz*, llove12, and chasesbabygirl!!!! to all everyday!
  6. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyAllison View Post
    I used to use them, then I picked a different conditioner and my hair was like straw for days.

But, what products do you suggest? I really do suck at anything beauty related. I don't know what you use for what.

7. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    Quote Originally Posted by *emILY. View Post
    I used to use them, then I picked a different conditioner and my hair was like straw for days.

But, what products do you suggest? I really do suck at anything beauty related. I don't know what you use for what.
    You should try the sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner, or the sleek and shine hair milk! I also use the sleek and shine hairspray too! I love their products.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna. View Post
    You should try the sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner, or the sleek and shine hair milk! I also use the sleek and shine hairspray too! I love their products.
    I use "long and strong". The stylist I went to was amazed I had NO split ends after not having cut my hair for a year. When I need my hair styled I use the sleek and shine mouse with a blow dryer and round brush, and hair spray if I am doing like a french twist or something.
  9. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    The best thing I could recommend as far as a styling product would be is Got2B - CrazySleek. It's a heat protectant for your hair. If you're going to be doing any straightening or blowdrying, this will keep the heat from damaging your hair. I use it all of the time and I hardly ever need to trim my split ends because I don't really have any. I also use Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Split-End Prevention Cream. That used in conjunction with the Got2B stuff is what's helped me keep healthy and long hair.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  10. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast