Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Good oil control face wash and moisturizer?

1. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...

Good oil control face wash and moisturizer?

Advertisements
    Since we've moved to Hawaii, my face now resembles that of my 16 year old hormonal self. I can't use anything with acids in it, otherwise I then look like a tomato. I'm currently using philosophy products and cetaphil, but I am STILL oily. I try to limit the touching my face and I've cut back on conditioner and product in my hair, so now I'm looking for different facewash/moisturizer. I looked around Sephora today, but I had my kids with me, so I had limited time before I heard "Mommy I'm bored!" Help!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I like the Origins line. Kinda pricey, but gentle on the skin. I use one that is made with papaya and pomegranate and it helps a lot.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Mary Kay
  4. Senior Member
    Professional all the way. If there is a local esthetics school you should go for a reduced price facial and get a mini sample kit. Professional products are totally more expensive but they dont have a ton of water like regular so they last MUCH longer.
    The only time in my life my skin was clear was when I was in esthetics (then dropped out and moved to an area with no esthetics school).

If that is not available I recommend you check out the book "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me" There are over the counter options as well that are great for every person and price range. Also don't forget a clay mask once a week and toning (restores your skins natural ph balance after washing)can make a huge difference!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Dermalogica. Expensive (which is why I had to stop using it) but they have a great clay mask for oily skin.
  6. Senior Member
    Also want to add, there are some natural things you can do at home that are super cheap like lemons for astringent (i think you need to mix it with something and def. dont get in the eye (ouch!). It sounds like you already know, but avoid harsh chemical products. If you use something that dries your skin out it will make your skin produce more sebum= more likely to have acne!