Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Soo...I got my boots

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Help Soo...I got my boots

Advertisements
    Reference thread... Opinions anyone??

I went with the last boots ( Bare Traps Catchy Water Resistant Suede Boot Cold Weather Boot Shop Women's Shoes - DSW ). My mom was wonderful and said she would get them as a Christmas present for me. Sweet, wonderful! But she acted too late, and they were sold out from this website before she could order them. But she found them somewhere else and ordered them. They came in last night. Heres the MAJOR problem with it. I asked for the black boots, since almost everything I have is either black, gray, or red. She ordered the brown ones. I looked at the possibility of returning them, but they no longer have brown or black on the site. So Im stuck with the brown boots.

My question is...can brown boots go with black or gray sweaters without looking too weird? Im totally not good with coordinating outfits, which is why I usually just got with black, gray, and red. I was wanting to wear these when DB and I go out to Davenport next week, but I dont think theres a point if they dont go with anything, ya know.
  2. Senior Member
    Brown and gray can definitely go together. I wouldn't do brown and black since the boots look like a darker brown (I've done black and tan together before though). But wear them with gray, especially a lighter gray if you have any.

Or... I know this would probably take too long, but why not just return them and she can get a refund and buy you something else?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yea, because it would take too long. Plus my mom is the type that she would seriously be crushed if I told her she got the wrong thing, so Im probably just going to keep it to my self. I can buy other boots on my own, and I can get more sweaters to go with these boots. I just had absolutely no clue if brown would go with gray or black. LoL Yeah, Im fashion stupid. Thank you for your input!
  4. ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    Brown will definatly go you can always add a nice brown belt to
    ~~Mi Familia!!!~~
    From Fort Stewart, GA 01/2008-01/2011 TO Fort Campbell, KY! 02/2011-
  5. Missing Him So Much!
    Missing Him So Much!
    I do brown boots with my grey sweater all the time. I've done it with black in a pinch but I hated every minute of wearing it because it didn't match really well.
    "I f*ckin hate you, I f*ckin hate you, I f*ckin hate you QP, QP, QP!"

~what Buckwheat would really say~
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Brown definitely goes with gray, I just wouldn't wear it with black but any color and brown go great together
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    as the other ladies have said, almost any color but black works really well.