Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Latisse anyone????

  1. Member
    Andrea15Q's Avatar
    Andrea15Q is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fort Rucker
    Posts
    328
    #1

    Latisse anyone????

    Advertisements
    I want just at the Plastic Surgeon today getting a comp facial and all the worker use it. They have very long thick eyelashes that they trim because they are so long. Its 120.00 for a 2 month supply. I really want to try it but I'm not 100% yet.
  2. Senior Member
    MyFlyBoy's Avatar
    MyFlyBoy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SJAFB NC
    Posts
    2,132
    #2
    I was talking to someone who uses it. It worked Wonders for her and said its worth the money. I've got thick ass eyelashes so I'm no help sorry
    " Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it right"
  3. Member
    Andrea15Q's Avatar
    Andrea15Q is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fort Rucker
    Posts
    328
    #3
    I havent heard anything bad from it, so i think my hubby is going to get it for me!!!!
  4. ProudArmyWifeD
    Guest
    ProudArmyWifeD's Avatar
    Guest
    #4
    I use Lilash - which is similar, but without a prescription. It's amazing. Seriously, my eyelashes get so long that they hit my glasses and my eyelids. But when I stopped using it for like 5-6 weeks they all shed out and grew back in to my natural length.

    I just started using it again last week and they are already getting very long again!!

    But if you want to use Latisse and don't want to pay a fortune you can get generic (called Lumigan) from alldaychemist for $10 per bottle, with $25 shipping (you can order more than one bottle at a time to save on shipping). That's what I'll be getting when this bottle of Lilash runs out.
  5. Senior Member
    Ash029's Avatar
    Ash029 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,901
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmyWifeD View Post
    I use Lilash - which is similar, but without a prescription. It's amazing. Seriously, my eyelashes get so long that they hit my glasses and my eyelids. But when I stopped using it for like 5-6 weeks they all shed out and grew back in to my natural length.

    I just started using it again last week and they are already getting very long again!!

    But if you want to use Latisse and don't want to pay a fortune you can get generic (called Lumigan) from alldaychemist for $10 per bottle, with $25 shipping (you can order more than one bottle at a time to save on shipping). That's what I'll be getting when this bottle of Lilash runs out.
    where did you get that lilash from? hmm i really want to try this now!
  6. Senior Member
    savannaleigh's Avatar
    savannaleigh is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    928
    #6
    The commercial says there's a potential for eye iris darkening. So if you have blue eyes they could start turning brown. It says on the commercial that this is probably irreversible. I wouldn't use it if I had light blue/green eyes because there's a possibility your eye color could change.

    But, I'm really weird about my eyes and I'm totally fine with using some awesome mascara.
  7. Account Closed
    katiedelta3's Avatar
    katiedelta3 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,623
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by savannaleigh View Post
    The commercial says there's a potential for eye iris darkening. So if you have blue eyes they could start turning brown. It says on the commercial that this is probably irreversible. I wouldn't use it if I had light blue/green eyes because there's a possibility your eye color could change.

    But, I'm really weird about my eyes and I'm totally fine with using some awesome mascara.
    I really wanted to try it and this is why I won't. My eyes are green and I don't want them to turn brown.
  8. ProudArmyWifeD
    Guest
    ProudArmyWifeD's Avatar
    Guest
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash029 View Post
    where did you get that lilash from? hmm i really want to try this now!
    I bought it directly from their site the first time when they had a sale (it was $120 and lasted about five months for me) and the second time from Loving Lotus, through amazon.com.

    The first time I used it, it took a good 6-7 weeks before I saw anything (but that is usual for most people), and it made my eyes itchy and darkened the skin around my eyes a bit (went away after a while and would go away if I didn't use it for a day, so nothing permanent or anything). After a few weeks the side effects went away and then BAM when they started growing they were like weeds. They started curling naturally and got so long that people would ask if I was wearing fake eyelashes and they would hit my glasses (luckily I wear contacts most of the time). It is truly amazing. Like I said, I just started using it again after about a month off and they are growing already.

    I can say that Lilash *really works*! BUT, it's not for everyone. Not everyone has extra $$ for something like growing your eyelashes, and like I said, they go back to normal when you stop using it (same with Latisse), and there are the side effects that would really bother or scare some people (understandable).

    I have not yet used Latisse, which is just a brand name for the medicine Bimatoprost Opthalmic Solution 0.03%, but I plan to instead of using Lilash again next time. You can order generic Bimatoprost (called Lumigan or Careprost) for $10 per bottle from an overseas pharmacist.

    Bimatoprost actually is used to treat an eye disease, and doctors noticed that patients using it had long, lush lashes as a side effect. So they came up with a new name (Latisse) and decided to sell it for an outrageous price ($120 per MONTH) as a lash growth med.

    And yes, there are side effects to consider. Especially for those of you with gorgeous light eyes.
  9. ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    mrsarmydiva1222's Avatar
    mrsarmydiva1222 is offline
    ~"Diva, Wife, Mom!"~
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Posts
    2,137
    #9
    ive heard about this but im pretty happy with my lashes. post pics ladies if you decide to try
    ~~Mi Familia!!!~~
    From Fort Stewart, GA 01/2008-01/2011 TO Fort Campbell, KY! 02/2011-
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    FROGLOVE's Avatar
    FROGLOVE is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bellevue, Ne.
    Posts
    41,152

    #10
    Latisse is actually a Glaucoma medication. The side affects of the Glaucoma medication was the growth of lashes. So they decided to market it.

    Now be careful because they doc I worked for said that it can possibly stain your eye lids and also can aquire (brown) pigment spots on your iris as well. Nothing too crazy.

    I did hear from patients that it worked very well though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •