Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I need help!!!!

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

I need help!!!!

Advertisements
    But ooooh good luck fell upon be today!

I did have to buy a pair of gloves - so I just went to Walmart, the closest store to me. And low and behold if I didn't just walk by a rack of clearanced PETIT dress slacks - *gasp* in my size. . . so I quickly tried on a pair and they FIT like a glove!
    $7.00 a pair! I now have 4 pairs of dress slacks . . . .and i'm wearing a pair tonight with a comfy sweater! So I didn't even have to hem my pants

I FORGOT about this thing I have to go to tonight - completely forgot!

I don't own a lot of nice clothes -I only have one pair of slacks in my closet, and I need to hem them before I can wear them! If I DO hem them for tonight - I have to do it by hand because i don't have a sewing machine.

Well - here's the issue. . . the kids come home early from school today (they'll be here at 1:00).

So I either hem the pants - or go out before they get home and buy a dress (If I can find one that fits and so forth).

I'd rather wear a nice dress - but the only place to buy decent dresses at is an hours drive away which would put me under a MAJOR time crunch - and I don't know if I can pull it off.

So - what to do? hem the pants or fly out the house and cross my fingers?
    Last edited by Aunt Sponge; 12-18-2009 at 03:45 PM.
  2. Regular Member
    Hmmm...I think I might just hem the pants. What if you don't find anything that you like/that fits?? That always seems to be my problem when I'm shopping last minute.
  3. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah - I think you're right. And going so far away and trying to get back in time might be a very bad idea, too - what if I get stuck in traffic and don't get home on time.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianaL View Post
    Hmmm...I think I might just hem the pants. What if you don't find anything that you like/that fits?? That always seems to be my problem when I'm shopping last minute.
    i agree.