Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Christmas Party help

1. Senior Member

Christmas Party help

Advertisements
    DH told me his works Christmas party is on the 20th. We plan to go, so I asked him to find out if it was formal or anything. He said "it's casual" and that it's a family type party, so kids will be there too.

My question is, how casual would be appropriate? I'm not going to show up in pants with holes everywhere or something like that. But this will be our first time really meeting anyone since we got here and I want to make a good impression.

So please give me some ideas what would be a good outfit for a casual family-style Christmas party. I'm lost!
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

If it's family party, I would go jeans and a nice sweater/top. If you want to dress it up a little just incase, wear heels.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    If it's family party, I would go jeans and a nice sweater/top. If you want to dress it up a little just incase, wear heels.
    I was thinking that would be about right. I've only gone to one other Christmas party and I was waaay underdressed because DH told me it was semi-formal. It was in fact more formal than that and I was the only woman there not wearing a floor length dress