Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me accessorize (holiday party)

1. Senior Member

Help me accessorize (holiday party)

Advertisements
    Ok so I waited until the last minute to find something for my DH's squadron Holiday/Christmas party. It's next weekend at a castle here in Germany. I want to look really nice for this because a) I have always been to shy to attend these with him in the past and b) many of these people haven't seen me since I was 90 lbs heavier. Soo... after shopping downtown today I came back with this:

These are the shoes I will be wearing:

I will be wearing black tights too. I was thinking of adding a cardigan of some sort because it's cold and I need more than just that top. What color? More black? The top I have is a beige-pink if you can't tell.

Where I really need help is the jewelry/accessories. I don't know how to add "final touches" to an outfit Give me links to examples of things you think would go well with what I am wearing. I can't order anything online because nothing would get here in time, but I can look in the stores here for things that are similar.

Please help!
  2. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Oooh I have the perfect necklace for that... its like a ribbon tie in the back, and the front is several strands of black beads, one is pearls... hard to explain. Will try to find a lookalike!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

3. Member
    Those shoes are gorgeous
  4. Gee
    Hot damn girl, that's an awesome outfit.

That neckline begs for a necklace.
    Love God. All else can be figured out later.
  5. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Black Asymetrical Flower Necklace with Chain by SafiyaAlyse[]=tags&includes[]=title
    This is cute

Women's apparel, accessories, and footwear from J. Jill
    This is sort of what mine is like, but mine is all black....

Women's & Men's Clothes: Plus Size, Maternity, Baby & Kid's Clothing | Old Navy
    Cute!

Flower Pearl Necklace - Necklaces - Jewellery - Topshop USA
    Cute if ya like flowers

Satin Bow & Bead Necklace in Gunmetal - New Items
    This is more what I was thinking of... but it's pretty expensive!

Are you wearing hair up or down? I think you should find a cute large stud to match whatever necklace you pick out, nothing too big and dangly.

All just my amateur opinion!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

6. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    And I have to add, LOVE the outfit, love the top. You look amazing!

7. Regular Member
    If you add a cardigan, I would definitely go with red. Perfect for the holidays, and I love the way red looks with cream and black....

Cute outfit, and those shoes are adorable!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Black Asymetrical Flower Necklace with Chain by SafiyaAlyse[]=tags&includes[]=title
    This is cute

Women's apparel, accessories, and footwear from J. Jill
    This is sort of what mine is like, but mine is all black....

Women's & Men's Clothes: Plus Size, Maternity, Baby & Kid's Clothing | Old Navy
    Cute!

Flower Pearl Necklace - Necklaces - Jewellery - Topshop USA
    Cute if ya like flowers

Satin Bow & Bead Necklace in Gunmetal - New Items
    This is more what I was thinking of... but it's pretty expensive!

Are you wearing hair up or down? I think you should find a cute large stud to match whatever necklace you pick out, nothing too big and dangly.

All just my amateur opinion!

I like the last one a lot. I can't order anything online, but I am going to go shop around a bit tomorrow and see if I can find anything that looks similar to anything posted. So blacks would be best for jewelry?
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianaL View Post
    If you add a cardigan, I would definitely go with red. Perfect for the holidays, and I love the way red looks with cream and black....

Cute outfit, and those shoes are adorable!!!
    Well my top isn't really cream, it has a pink undertone, which makes me think red wouldn't look great with it. So I don't know what other color besides black to wear. Grey, maybe?
  10. Senior Member
    red would still work it would be so christmas-y haha, or maybe like gold or silver, or black with a touch of that teal? idk its hard to see the pink so maybe the red wouldnt work but i don' think it'd be overbearing. it is a cute outfit and i like her necklace ideas . black would look great and classy and elegant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast