Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does coloring your hair make it fall out? [pics #20]

1. Banned
    Banned

Screwy Does coloring your hair make it fall out? [pics #20]

Advertisements
    lol. nice title, huh? but seriously- background...

I'm a natural blonde. Every year, I get it rehighlighted like 2x just to brighten it up. Well, in August I decided to be way different and I dyed (professionally) it dark dark brown.
    <------ see picture.
    Ok. Looked good. Then it started to lighten a lot and I re-dyed (DIY with a box) dark early in October before I went to visit my guy.

Now, I miss my blonde hair and I went to re-dye it tonight to a light blonde and it turned into a strawberry red blonde

So... I'm going to get it rehighlighted on Thursday night..I figure that'll make it blonde enough for me to be happy with it again.

I condition my hair like CRAZY- and I mean crazy. Just because I know coloring dries your hair and makes it more brittle.

...but I don't want to be bald by the time I'm 20. after this, I don't plan on touching it for a very very long time. I just want it back to blonde.

Think I'm safe?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    anyone? lol
  3. Member
    Mine falls out without dying it ... Im of no help but I will
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by katiedelta3; 01-06-2010 at 03:55 AM.
  5. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm not of much help. Tge very reason your trying to go back blonde is why I've never gone dark. It's SO hard to get the blonde back! With that said, I don't think your hair will fall out but depending on the texture of your hair, it could get very briddle
  6. Senior Member
    well i've had alot of trouble with dying my hair before. it once turned green, then it turned grey, and then I had bleach dots along the part of my hair. when I dye my hair with box dye it REALLY dries and fries my hair out....so i've stopped doing that. I've never had my hair fall out per say...it just gets really dry.

im really no help, but I used to dye my hair ALOT and it's never fallen out.

do you plan to get it done professionally?
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by katiedelta3 View Post
    Umm I don't think it could make the hair follicles really fall out but overprocessing your hair will make it break off.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNK View Post
    I'm not of much help. Tge very reason your trying to go back blonde is why I've never gone dark. It's SO hard to get the blonde back! With that said, I don't think your hair will fall out but depending on the texture of your hair, it could get very briddle
    Which is why I use a conditioner everytime I wash my hair, and I deep condition once a week, and after I get out, I use a leave in conditioner

never again will i be brunette.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amberham View Post
    well i've had alot of trouble with dying my hair before. it once turned green, then it turned grey, and then I had bleach dots along the part of my hair. when I dye my hair with box dye it REALLY dries and fries my hair out....so i've stopped doing that. I've never had my hair fall out per say...it just gets really dry.

im really no help, but I used to dye my hair ALOT and it's never fallen out.

do you plan to get it done professionally?
    No. The only time I've ever got my hair done professionally is when I got it dyed dark. Every other time it's always been via box. But my grandmother does it. She was a hairstylist for a goooooood number of years.
  9. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries
    My mom dyed her hair from the time she was 20 to now (she's 50). Her hair's fine. It's always been thin though

From the time I was 14 to about 16 I dyed my hair DARK DARK brown. It took forever, but it finally got out of my hair and now I have my pretty red again I was surprised there was even red under all that dark mess

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
    SOS Awards 2009: Most Likely To Be Engaged Next & Ruler of The Bored Room
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybee View Post
    My mom dyed her hair from the time she was 20 to now (she's 50). Her hair's fine. It's always been thin though

From the time I was 14 to about 16 I dyed my hair DARK DARK brown. It took forever, but it finally got out of my hair and now I have my pretty red again I was surprised there was even red under all that dark mess
    I kind of worry that with the strawberry blonde now, if I bleach it, it's gonna look pinkish..

OMG I'm AVRIL.

I can see it now.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast