Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some make up & skin care questions

1. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Some make up & skin care questions

Advertisements
    K, so I love make up. However, I can't seem to find my "make up sweet spot." I am very fair skinned (see avatar), with dark blonde hair, and dark hazel eyes. My skin is also oily and acne-prone (grr). I have been using Make Up Forever liquid matte foundation from Sephora. When I had the girl at Sephora do my make up and find my correct match for the foundation, she seemed to have a difficult time finding the right shade. Anyway, I like the foundation, but I don't love it.

I'm having a hard time with blush and also with dramatic eye colors that won't make me look crazy since my skin is so fair. I feel like I end up looking more like a zombie any time I attempt a dark, dramatic eye. Any tips?? Suggestions for better foundation? Like I said, oily skin, so I need matte foundation.

Also, any tips for acne-prone skin, particularly body (shoulders...blah)? Does anyone recommend a good product?
  2. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    I use maybelline dream matte mouse concealer and foundation and I have very oily skin. I love it. I suggest you wear natural colors for your eyes. Maybe something that will just lighten your eyes a bit.
  3. Senior Member
    I use Clearsil Ultra Acne SCRUB! I love it! I use it on my face, neck and chest... it works so/so for me.. but I have combo skin.. my DH has oilier skin and he LOVES it!

Im no make up guru so I can't help you I have pale skin too... I will look and see what I wear for foundation... but I can't promise it looks good.. LOL

this is me with make up on
    my sexy beast.. and me
  4. Regular Member
    best matte foundation that will last ALL day, and has full coverage, and is just all-around awesome is....Revlon Colorstay liquid Foundation in oily/combination there are a lot of colors to choose from and it's great! i used to use clinique and more expensive stuff like that but always go back to revlon colorstay. i'm pretty tan but my little sister is fair skinned like you and she uses the same stuff, so does my mom who is blonde haired blue eyed and it works great for ALL of us. i set it with translucent/light loose powder from covergirl. in my opinion it works best when applied with a damp sponge, let it dry, set it with powder and go

for eyes i would stick with a more neutral tone over the whole eyelid then get the smokey look with a darker brown instead of black, it'll be pretty but not too shocking!

try a really light peach or maybe even a bronzer as your blush instead of a normal blush, it'll just look like you got sun on your cheeks and won't be as dramatic.

hope that helps
  5. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    Here is a nice color that can lighten your eyes but not be too dramatic. One of my faves. Its called honey spice. I noticed the nuetral colors go very well with fair skin.

6. Senior Member
    I use Rimmel London Stay Matte, in Ivory.
    my sexy beast.. and me
  7. Regular Member
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I don't know how much you're willing to spend, but Bare Minerals is amazing. It's all I use on my skin.

As for the acne, I use Neutrogena Grape Fruit Body Scrub, works for me!
  9. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies! I did tons of research last night and ended up buying the Clinique Super Fit foundation, as well as their City Stick concealer. Love it!
  10. Lindsey.
    Lindsey.
    mineral makeup is really the way to go I have horribly acne proned skin and not using liquid makeup has made a big difference
    There AreNo Words
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast