Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Extremely Curly-haired gals

  1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #1

    Help Extremely Curly-haired gals

    Advertisements
    What type of style do you request when going to the salon?

    I haven't gotten my hair cut or trimmed since about February. My ends are in dire need of a trim, but I'm thinking of getting it re-layered too.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    *Pamela*'s Avatar
    *Pamela* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #2
    Mine isn't EXTREMELY curly, but it's pretty kinky. I just tell then that I want long almost choppy layers..NOT with a razor, I made the mistake of letting them do that once and it was BAD.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post
    Mine isn't EXTREMELY curly, but it's pretty kinky. I just tell then that I want long almost choppy layers..NOT with a razor, I made the mistake of letting them do that once and it was BAD.
    EEEK! That does sound like a disaster. Whenever I get layers, the stylist uses thinning shears.
  4. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic's Avatar
    MissOptimistic is offline
    MissOptimistic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewherez.
    Posts
    19,620
    Blog Entries
    2
    #4
    I just get lots of layers. But I straighten it anyways so I guess it doesn't matter lol
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #5
    LOL! Yeah, I have a straightener, but have never had the ability to straighten my entire head.
  6. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic's Avatar
    MissOptimistic is offline
    MissOptimistic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewherez.
    Posts
    19,620
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    Haha! Guess I'm no help! :o)
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #7
    It's ok! I envy your talent though.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    *Pamela*'s Avatar
    *Pamela* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    EEEK! That does sound like a disaster. Whenever I get layers, the stylist uses thinning shears.
    See, thinning shears do bad things to my hair too. They make my curls get frizzy from having a lot of, ummm, I don't know how to describe it...but it's bascally a lot of flyways. That's probably just my crazy hair though.
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post
    See, thinning shears do bad things to my hair too. They make my curls get frizzy from having a lot of, ummm, I don't know how to describe it...but it's bascally a lot of flyways. That's probably just my crazy hair though.
    I have to use a few hair products to prevent flyaways and frizziness.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    *Pamela*'s Avatar
    *Pamela* is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I have to use a few hair products to prevent flyaways and frizziness.
    I do too. I don't get haircuts but like once a year because I hate it sooo much. I think my stylist does what she called the carving and/or slicing technique...? Something like that anyway. It takes a little while, but it really helps my curls separate and fall on top of each other but not bulid a pyramid or mushroom.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •