Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this legit?!

1. Senior Member

Is this legit?!

Advertisements
    http://www.chihairstraightener.us/

So a few weeks ago my CHI blew up...everyone keeps saying there is a lifetime warranty on them...everywhere I have seen says 1 year (I have had mine for 3) and I think I threw my box away anyways...sooooo I was looking online for a new one...and comparing prices and styles....

this site has CHEAP flat irons...is this legit? It seems WAY too cheap!
  2. New beginnings :)
    New beginnings :)
    I wouldn't believe it. We sell Chi irons in our salon, only licensed salons and websites are allowed to carry them. And yes it's only a year long warranty with the company, it should have come in your box when you purchased it. In order to redeem it you would have had to fill it out and send it in( the form).
    The orginal CHI retails for about 129.99 and the special edition ones tend to go for 139.99 at our salon. (I work at a corporately owned chain of salons) So that websites "retail" prices are wrong to start with. I'd be suspicious of them only being 70 or 80 dollars. They will have different warranties/manuels and will say they are made in a different country than the original CHI. If you do end up ordering one, I'd compare it to yours to see the differences and if it's counterfeit. I'd strongly advise against it though. Even some of the CHIs on ebay can be fakes. I know several customers who tried to return their ebay counterfeit CHIs to us and we couldn't help them because they were fake and also because they weren't purchased through us.
    I would only buy a CHI from a licensed salon or the official CHI site (CHIs are made by Farouk Systems).
    Philippians 4:13
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    whats the big deal about the chi?? ive heard about it. but what is so sepcial about it?
  4. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    i know that the price on some models of the chi have come down quite a bit, but idk about that much??
  5. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda. View Post
    whats the big deal about the chi?? ive heard about it. but what is so sepcial about it?
    gah! the chi is amazing. i have some seriously frizzy and unruly hair, and i live in florida, and the chi will tame my beast in minutes and it'll stay flat and peaceful for hours. shit, for days without needing a touch up!
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I would say not legit. their contact us page is just a email form to fill out.
  7. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I want a CHI but I am soo hesitant about where I buy it from. I've heard that there's lots of fakes around. They sell them at my local grocery store, but... who buys a CHI from THE GROCERY STORE? That's just weird to me. I don't know where the best place to get it from is.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  8. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Happiness Is A Choice :D
    I got mine for a good deal from ULTA. I waited until they went on sale and then I used the 20% off coupon from the add. That site seems too good to be true.
  9. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    I hate chi's. Maybe try Ulta. I know they have a trazillion flat irons...I have a Helen of Troy from Sally's though.
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I second ULTA.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast