Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help-hair dye disaster- UPDATE on page 3

1. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando

Help Help-hair dye disaster- UPDATE on page 3

Advertisements
    I dyed my hair too dark and need some ideas on how to lighten it.

My hair is naturally dark brown but gets weird reddish highlights from the sun so I wanted to dye it dark brown to even it out. Well the color looks BLACK and is way too dark for my skin tone.

My DH is coming home from deployment soon and I don't want my hair to look like this.

I've been researching on the internet and people say to use Prell shampoo (never even heard of this) or hot oil to fade the color faster.

Do any of you have any ideas or recommendations? Has this happened to any of you? HELP!!!
    Last edited by bb1982; 10-23-2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: update
  2. Senior Member
    Call a good salon (not one of those quick cut shops) and ask without having to come in and get the color stripped is there any ideas on what you can do in order to lighten the color.
  3. Senior Member
    I will txt my sister but I believe if you put perm soulution on it, it will lighten it.. (don't take me at that tho.. I will post back when I find out for sure... she is a stylist)
  4. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlyn View Post
    I will txt my sister but I believe if you put perm soulution on it, it will lighten it.. (don't take me at that tho.. I will post back when I find out for sure... she is a stylist)
    hmmm, that sounds scary! Let me know what she says though and thanks!
  5. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Call a good salon (not one of those quick cut shops) and ask without having to come in and get the color stripped is there any ideas on what you can do in order to lighten the color.
    I may do that in the morning if I can't figure out something tonight. Thanks!
  6. Senior Member
    tick tock, i think she has a customer, she didn't answer my call, i txt her... lol

I know that with black the only way to do it is stripping, which can be done at home, or a salon, but its really hard on your hair... if its super dark brown, there may be something you can do... would you maybe want some hi lights to just make it look not so dark?
  7. Senior Member
    If you just dyed it, wash it right away, twice. This should help some. Then call a good salon in the am, I would reccommend an AVEDA salon: http://www.aveda.com/templates/door/locator.tmpl then have them fix it.

I would not put a perm solution on your hair. A professional stylist will know how to fix it with the least amount of damage. If you use multiple chemical processes/dyes on your hair the reacation can be unpredictable. That isn't what you want right before homecoming.

Good Luck.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Be careful fixing it yourself. I did the exact same thing. Then I kept trying different things to correct it myself. I ended up with a huge disaster that i have to let grow out. By the time i finally went to the stylist there wasn't much they could do.

If you go now, they can probably strip out a lot of that color for you and it will lighten right up. It is a little harsh on your hair, but so is using a million products trying to do it yourself.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    If you just dyed it, wash it right away, twice. This should help some. Then call a good salon in the am, I would reccommend an AVEDA salon: http://www.aveda.com/templates/door/locator.tmpl then have them fix it.

I would not put a perm solution on your hair. A professional stylist will know how to fix it with the least amount of damage. If you use multiple chemical processes/dyes on your hair the reacation can be unpredictable. That isn't what you want right before homecoming.

Good Luck.
    this
  10. Senior Member
    she said equal parts shampoo and bleach developer.. shampoo hair, rinse after a couple minutes, it will lighten quickly.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast