Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curly Hair Girls

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Curly Hair Girls

Advertisements
    Last edited by LindsayLin; 01-05-2010 at 04:53 PM.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm a weirdo and am doing the no poo method.

I get in the shower every morning. I condition. I get out, put homemade hair gel in and go.

I use a vinegar/lemon rinse when I feel like my hair has alot of build up.

When I did shampoo I would only do it once a week. I use Burts Bees products.
  3. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    I wash mine at night then I put in that anti-frizz smoothing product from Garnier Fructis and in the morning its nice and easy to do
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by LindsayLin; 01-05-2010 at 04:54 PM.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I wash my hair in the morning. My hair must be wet in order for me to brush it. I'll wash it at night, if I plan to wear my hair in a ponytail or bun in the morning.

When washing at night, I braid my hair, so it tends to still be a little damn in the morning.

I rarely use a blow dryer.

To style: I use Suave Humectant conditioner as a leave-in. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. Tressemme gel and Tresemme hairspray.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLin View Post
    No poo method. Took me a few to understand what you were referring to, but I got there in the end.

What does your homemade hair gel consist of?
    Jello! aka, gelatine. 1/2 teaspoon of Knox gelatine to a cup of boiling water. Then put it in the fridge because it is a food product. I love it, however I'm looking to modify it a bit to change the consistancy to make it smoother.
  7. Senior Member
    ohh gahhhd i have the most uncontrollable curly hair in the world!! I have to shower every single morning. sometimes i skip the shampoo, but usually i use moisturizing shampoo. I ALWAYS condition. then i have ot part my hair, put one side up, get piece by piece until i get all the curls to cooperate with eachother, then i move to the next side. then i take it down, gel the parts ive missed or need extra geling and then im done lol. wheeewww pain in the butt
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLin View Post
    I've never used a diffuser, how does it work??
    The first time I ever used a diffuser, I had to Google how to use it But it was actually really helpful, and I found a bunch of videos on YouTube that show you how to use it.

The video I watched showed scrunching your hair, and then push and hold the diffuser right up against it for a few seconds while it's in the "scrunch" position. That probably doesn't make much sense, but search on YouTube for diffuser tutorials! It actually worked very well for me, because my hair takes soo long to air dry.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    A tip for all my curly haired friends: try to avoid shampoos with Sodium Lauryl sulfate. It is a detergent that is used as a foaming and cleansing agent for shampoos, face washes, etc and it really dries our curly hair, which makes it even more frizzy! When I did use it I only washed once a week and then I switched to Burts Bees which is sulfate free. It is awesome and my hair feels so much more healthy!
  10. Senior Member
    Danyell, I really try not to wash my hair very often because I know the damage it does.

I never use a blow dryer unless I need to flat iron my hair right away. If I feel like going straight I usually wash my hair, put it in a bun for a day to let it dry not so crazy and then I can flat iron it without blow drying it.

But to leave it curly, I honestly condition it in the shower and then I get out and use a quarter size dollop of mane and tail conditioner put it on my hair in small sections to make sure the curls don't get too seperated and then I leave it alone and let it air dry.
    Needs work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast