Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: need homecoming outfit suggestions

1. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando

need homecoming outfit suggestions

Advertisements
    I need your help ladies!

My DH is returning from deployment VERY, VERY soon. But I'm really bummed because it's getting really cold here and I know I'm probably going to have to wear a coat to the homecoming.

I know he won't care what I'm wearing, but I've lost 23 pounds since he's been gone (which is a lot for me because I didn't really have that much to lose) and I'm fitting into the jean size I wore in high school.

Sooooo, I'm just afraid all my hard work is going to be covered up by a bulky coat and scarf. I don't have a coat either b/c we're moving to Hawaii and I put them all in storage. (stupid, stupid me) So I'm willing to buy one, just not spend a fortune.

So I need your help to find some cute ideas that will show off my new figure, not hide it!

Any ideas or suggestions? And yes, I'm definitely going to wear jeans. That's what he'd prefer me in anyway and I'm not going to freeze my ass off waiting for the bus.
  2. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    How about a cute sweater dress or something with leggings and boots? This way you can show off your legs, and maybe still keep warm but still look sexy. It's going to be the dead of Winter in CO when I pick up my husband, so this is my plan also.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  3. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando
    Quote Originally Posted by CubLub63 View Post
    How about a cute sweater dress or something with leggings and boots? This way you can show off your legs, and maybe still keep warm but still look sexy. It's going to be the dead of Winter in CO when I pick up my husband, so this is my plan also.
    so you're going to brave the cold in a dress? I thought about it, but the last homecoming I went to I just had a sweater on and I was FREEZING and we had to wait around for hours.

In the end, I know he's not going to care what I'm wearing and he'll see the body underneath shortly after, but a girl still wants to look cute.

I'm off to investigate sweater dresses....
  4. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1982 View Post
    so you're going to brave the cold in a dress? I thought about it, but the last homecoming I went to I just had a sweater on and I was FREEZING and we had to wait around for hours.

In the end, I know he's not going to care what I'm wearing and he'll see the body underneath shortly after, but a girl still wants to look cute.

I'm off to investigate sweater dresses....
    Haha, yeah I sure am. Just like when I picked him up for R&R a month ago... it was raining and I wore a cute red top, jeans, and SANDALS. When it was raining! Because that's all the matched! My theory, beauty is pain... I deal.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  5. Senior Member
    What about a fitted jacket? Like something that fits nicely around your waist and isn't too long, and then jeans and some boots?
  6. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando
    Quote Originally Posted by savannaleigh View Post
    What about a fitted jacket? Like something that fits nicely around your waist and isn't too long, and then jeans and some boots?
    that's what I was thinking, more of a cropped, fitted jacket. I saw some cute ones online at Old Navy, but I need to actually go to the store to try them on.
  7. Senior Member
    Forever 21 has some cute jackets and the aren't expensive and would be fitted enough to show off your figure.
  8. just call me Brando
    just call me Brando
    Quote Originally Posted by megsharlow View Post
    Forever 21 has some cute jackets and the aren't expensive and would be fitted enough to show off your figure.
    That was one of the first places I thought of, but the closest one is 45 minutes away and I've just been lazy. Maybe I'll make it there sometime this week.