Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so jealous

1. Am

Sad I'm so jealous

Advertisements
    of anyone and everyone who can curl their hair. I have tried EVERYTHING short of a perm. Curling iron, wide flat iron, skinny flat iron, curling shampoo, scrunching spray, hairspray, spray gel, hot rollers, static rollers, clean hair, dirty hair, texturizing spray, and more.

NOTHING will curl my hair. That's not entirely true. Those things WILL curl my hair but my hair won't hold it. I've been playing with my hair for a couple hours now and no combination of tools or products will give me that soft curl for more than 15 minutes. By the time I get around to the other side of my head, the first side (which was gorgeous just a few minutes before) is flat. I'm so frustrated.

If I want curl, I have to use those twist curlers that you sleep in and I have to douse my hair in hairspray. Even then, I get those crunchy/frizzy curls. I want those soft, bouncy curls that people have for a couple days after using a straightener to do it.

I'm now stuck with an expensive straightener that I can't decide whether to return or to give to my mother for Christmas (she straightens her hair everyday but doesn't have a nice one). I was so excited to try it. I'm just cursed with stick straight hair.

ETA: I even took a before picture hoping to post an after. I suppose I still could but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in wake up hair and curled for two hours hair.
  2. Senior Member
    I have the same exact problem! Nothing works for me. If I put a lot of styling product in it and twist it really tightly whlie it's wet until it curls up on itself, and sleep with it that way, I'll have interesting looking curls for well, an hour.

I feel your pain.
  3. Senior Member
    sure youre using enough product? sometimes, depending on the hairspray and the hair do...i have to use almost a whole can
  4. Am
    Quote Originally Posted by cllgefrk13 View Post
    I have the same exact problem! Nothing works for me. If I put a lot of styling product in it and twist it really tightly whlie it's wet until it curls up on itself, and sleep with it that way, I'll have interesting looking curls for well, an hour.

I feel your pain.
    I can take a shower, curl it on top of my head, and go to sleep. When I wake up, dry it, and then take it down - it's straight. I seriously don't get it. My hair does nothing.
  5. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries
    I'm the opposite. I can't get my hair to stay straight most days. But then it won't want to be pretty curly, just...poofy. Ugh. We're all cursed with out hair.

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
    SOS Awards 2009: Most Likely To Be Engaged Next & Ruler of The Bored Room
  6. Am
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    sure youre using enough product? sometimes, depending on the hairspray and the hair do...i have to use almost a whole can
    When I'm desperate for curls, I use enough to make it crunchy and it'll stay. I'm jealous of those people who can just run some curling tool through their hair and have it stay curled for a few days with minimal product. I want bouncy curls I can run my fingers through and I can't get that.
  7. Hanging in there, one week at a time...
    Hanging in there, one week at a time...
    I feel your pain! My hair is curly but it isn't pretty curly and when I try to curl it it won't. I wish I had some advice for you, but I have the same (kind of) issue.

8. Senior Member
    I have the same problem The only reason my Hair held for my wedding(mind you only two hours before it fell out). She used litterly almost a full can of aqua net on my head. Wanna talk about painful combing it out. She used a flat iron But my hair is dead straight its horrbile
    " Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it right"
  9. Am
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFlyBoy View Post
    I have the same problem The only reason my Hair held for my wedding(mind you only two hours before it fell out). She used litterly almost a full can of aqua net on my head. Wanna talk about painful combing it out. She used a flat iron But my hair is dead straight its horrbile
    For my senior prom, I kid you not, my stylist used two full cans of hairspray and some other kind of waxy stuff for curls that were pinned to my head.
  10. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    What's funny is I work hard to get my hair straight. I would love to have straight hair. I hate my natural curls.

that's my hair naturally
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast