Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Trimming hair

1. Senior Member

Trimming hair

Advertisements
    I'm getting my hair highlighted & trimmed next week. How much should I get trimmed off if I want it to grow out? It seems like every time I go in there I ask her to just trim a really little bit, it always seems like she takes so much off it's almost as short as it was when I got it cut short the first time when I wanted it short. I love my hair dresser, I've gone to her for like 15 years at least, and she does such a good job..except for the trimming part, lol. So what do you guys think?
  2. ProudArmyWifeD
    Well, unless it is damaged or you have split ends, I'd suggest either not trimming at all or specifically telling her to take off no more than 1/2" and be very firm about it.

Hair dressers have a knack for taking off a few inches even when you ask for just a trim, and two inches is four month's worth of growth for most people. It's very counterproductive for growing your hair out.

Barber shops are better at following specific directions, taking just a tiny bit off, and are not inclined to give you a "style" or suggest layers, etc.
  3. Senior Member
    yeah i'd say no more than 1/2 inch. tell youre wanting to keep as much length as possible but just want the dead ends off.
  4. ProudArmyWifeD
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    yeah i'd say no more than 1/2 inch. tell youre wanting to keep as much length as possible but just want the dead ends off.
    All hair is dead.
  5. I Love My Guardsman
    I Love My Guardsman
    I just went to get highlights and a trim and she seriously whacked over 5 inches off my hair. I am pissed right now. lol so make sure you keep telling her exactly what you want. I dont know what this lady was thinking. I was growing out my hair and it was past my shoulders and now its just touching my shoulders.
    Proud wifey to drobisbaby08, sestrada59, mrsgalloway, SgtLinnell'sGirl, LoveMySolider! and TayreehBakur

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I generally just get about an inch off. For me thats enough to get the dead and give it a growth spurt
  7. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    I was stalking... THANK YOU!
  8. Senior Member
    Alright, thanks ladies, I appreciate it!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Because I have always been a little anal retentive about my hair, I specifically tell the hairdresser "no more than an inch."
  10. *boink*
    *boink*
    I'm growing mine too, but keeping with the style its in, so i just get all the split ends trimmed off. No more than half an inch but all my hair is different lengths so it sometimes seems like more