Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need Advice on Hair!

1. I Love My Guardsman
    I Love My Guardsman

Need Advice on Hair!

Advertisements
    Ok so I used to have super blonde hair, my natural color is that dishwater lgiht brown color but currently I have a medium reddish brown color. WELL I am going back blonde. and everytime I do this I have massive amounts of hair that fall out from all the chemicals. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to protect my hair?? (besides to not dye it because I am going to, hehe)
    Proud wifey to drobisbaby08, sestrada59, mrsgalloway, SgtLinnell'sGirl, LoveMySolider! and TayreehBakur

2. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    Quote Originally Posted by mogaswife View Post
    Ok so I used to have super blonde hair, my natural color is that dishwater lgiht brown color but currently I have a medium reddish brown color. WELL I am going back blonde. and everytime I do this I have massive amounts of hair that fall out from all the chemicals. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to protect my hair?? (besides to not dye it because I am going to, hehe)
    Maybe make sure you're getting enough vitamins?
    Other than that, I really like Bed Head "Dumb Blonde" reconstructing conditioner - it really helps my hair recover from a dye job. I also tend to lose hair after I change colors, but I think that the conditioner helps it to not be as drastic or prolonged.
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  3. I Love My Guardsman
    I Love My Guardsman
    Quote Originally Posted by icarryyourheart View Post
    Maybe make sure you're getting enough vitamins?
    Other than that, I really like Bed Head "Dumb Blonde" reconstructing conditioner - it really helps my hair recover from a dye job. I also tend to lose hair after I change colors, but I think that the conditioner helps it to not be as drastic or prolonged.
    Thanks so much, I am going to have to go pick some up tomorrow!
    Proud wifey to drobisbaby08, sestrada59, mrsgalloway, SgtLinnell'sGirl, LoveMySolider! and TayreehBakur

4. ProudArmyWifeD
    Get some coconut oil (you can get it at the grocery store near the olive oil) and give your hair a good soak in it for at least an hour (but overnight is even better) right before you bleach/color your hair.

Coconut oil is solid at room temp, just scoop some out and rub it between your palms and rub into your hair until it is completely saturated. There is actually some evidence that coconut oil can prevent damage from bleaching and coloring.

Oh, and you can use coconut oil regularly as a conditioner - just a teeny tiny dab (like a fingernail's worth) rubbed into the ends as a leave in, or a good soak before you shampoo. It does wonders for your hair!!
  5. I Love My Guardsman
    I Love My Guardsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmyWifeD View Post
    Get some coconut oil (you can get it at the grocery store near the olive oil) and give your hair a good soak in it for at least an hour (but overnight is even better) right before you bleach/color your hair.

Coconut oil is solid at room temp, just scoop some out and rub it between your palms and rub into your hair until it is completely saturated. There is actually some evidence that coconut oil can prevent damage from bleaching and coloring.

Oh, and you can use coconut oil regularly as a conditioner - just a teeny tiny dab (like a fingernail's worth) rubbed into the ends as a leave in, or a good soak before you shampoo. It does wonders for your hair!!
    I was just reading something about this online, I am definitely going to get this. Do you know how much it is?

6. ProudArmyWifeD
    Quote Originally Posted by mogaswife View Post
    I was just reading something about this online, I am definitely going to get this. Do you know how much it is?
    No, sorry, I don't remember how much it was, but I don't think it's that expensive. And it will last you forever and is so wonderful for your hair!! I use mine overnight before a wash day and I love it!