Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do I have all these short hairs? - PICS

1. Senior Member

Why do I have all these short hairs? - PICS

Advertisements
    I have had this section of my hair that ALWAYS has short hairs. They are so annoying. They always stick up. I don't know if they are new growth or broken hairs. My hair is usually pretty strong.

I'm losing so much hair. I don't know what's going on. It's so thin.

Anything I can take to make it grow or what?

Updated to add pics. My hair is blonde so it's hard to see, but it annoys me.

Last edited by cllgefrk13; 10-09-2009 at 05:41 PM.
  2. Loyal to those, Loyal to me
    Loyal to those, Loyal to me
    I hear when us ladies get older, we start thinning out. But also, it can be from your diet (some foods you eat/don't eat).
    And don't worry, I have those lil annoying hairs also....
  3. Senior Member
    They stick up constantly. They look horribly in pictures. And I can't get them down for the life of me. I need to find a pic so you fully understand my pain.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have it too. It drives me insane and I don't know what it's from...maybe breakage from brushing my hair but it's too short to be from my hair being pulled back. If you get any insight pass it this way!
  5. Senior Member
    I wish I knew if they were like brand new and just haven't grown long yet or if they used to be long and are broken off.
  6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cllgefrk13 View Post
    I wish I knew if they were like brand new and just haven't grown long yet or if they used to be long and are broken off.
    Me too! Same problem
    -Soldier's Girl-
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm pretty sure they're new growth because I've been taking hair growth supplements and I now have a ton more.
  8. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries
    I have them too. Right around my temples AND at my part where my bangs are. SOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!

The ones at my temples are wispy. The ones near my bangs are just short annoying regular hairs!

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
    SOS Awards 2009: Most Likely To Be Engaged Next & Ruler of The Bored Room
  9. ProudArmyWifeD
    If the short hairs are blunt on the ends or have a white dot, they are breakage. Could be from your brush, or something that rubs that area, styling, etc.

If they are tapered at the ends, they are new growth.

Is the spot at your temples? That is one very common spot for stress-related hair-loss. And when it re-grows you'll have the baby hairs and if you aren't managing your stress well, you may just lose those and start all over again - hence why you always have them in the same spot. This can also happen anywhere on your head, but the temples are very common.

For smoothing them down without harming the hair the way hair gels do, you can use 100% aloe vera gel. The stuff you get for your sunburn or whatever - but not the green kind, which has additives. Get the clear stuff, Fruit of the Earth is great. Smooth it over your hair just like you'd use conventional hair gel, and then let it dry. Smooth over it with a brush afterwards if it dried a bit hard, or use less next time. But it is great at keeping the baby hairs down!

I went through a very big shed about six months to a year ago. Then I started using Nioxin products and saw new growth within weeks. So now six months later my head is covered in baby hairs of all different lengths, so I feel your pain. They stick up no matter where I part my hair and when I pull it back into a pony or bun I have hair on the side that doesn't reach. But I am thrilled because it means that my new growth is coming in and in a year or two my hair will be that much thicker!

Besides the Nioxin, I do a lot to help my hair grow, since I have very fine hair and not a lot of it to begin with, plus problems with shedding.

I take prenatals, biotin, folic acid, MSM, gelatin, garlic and fish oils. I massage my scalp every night (not rubbing your head/hair, but pressing gently into your scalp and moving that part of the skin around - does that make sense?) - it brings blood circulation to the area, and I have noticed that this DOES make a big difference in growth rate!
  10. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    I saw the thread title and thought . . . "Oh dear! I guess we need to have The Talk!"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast