Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skincare over 35

1. Senior Member

Skincare over 35

Advertisements
    So what brand do you use. Which product in that brand do you use? Which are the + and - about it. What have you used that didn't work ?
  2. Senior Member
    Retin-A. It is Rx and the only thing proven to diminish wrinkles and promote new cell growth. I swear by it.
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpicky View Post
    Retin-A. It is Rx and the only thing proven to diminish wrinkles and promote new cell growth. I swear by it.
    I have used that for my acne. Unfortunately, I believe I'm allergic to it, because it caused my face to become REALLY itchy and little hives began to form.

Arbonne has a wonderful skincare line. I actually like it, but it can be pricey.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpicky View Post
    Is it a whole serie? So you have cleaner, moisturiser etc? What does RX means?
  5. Senior Member
    When I googles retin a all I got was some acne treatment. Do you have a link to their products?
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by miamoa2002 View Post
    Is it a whole serie? So you have cleaner, moisturiser etc? What does RX means?
    It's a prescription medication.

http://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.c...ng/retin-a.htm

Retin-A is typically prescribed for the following reasons:

* Acne: Retin-A brings acne plugs (blockages) to the surface causing blackheads to be dislocated. The blackheads are then discarded from the skin during cleansing. Retin-A can help control acne breakouts as well.
    * Hyperpigmentation: The ingredients in Retin-A can help sun-damaged skin, including age discoloration spots and light freckling.
    * Poor Skin Texture: The increased exfoliation process from Retin-A removes dead cells and stimulates new skin cells to improve the texture of the skin.
    * Preparation for Other Procedures: Retin-A is commonly used to prepare the skin for procedures such as laser skin resurfacing and facial surgeries. The medication may be continued after a procedure to assist in recovery as well.
  7. Senior Member
    So I have to go to a plastic surgery or just any MD?
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by miamoa2002 View Post
    So I have to go to a plastic surgery or just any MD?

I got the prescription from my dermatologist.
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Ok so I'm not over 35.. but I've gone the whole all natural method. using the Oil cleansing way. and I use olive oil as moisturizer ( it works great. I have really good skin ( thanks mom ) so I don't have a lot of wrinkles or anything like that.
    before that I was using neutrogena face wash and Biore's skin preservation line.

My mom uses principle secret ( from victoria principle) and she really likes it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm over 35 and I also go all natural. My routine is kind of acne preventative and also because my skin is oily as the bottom of a bucket of KFC. (Kentucky Fried Chicken) I use charcoal soap to absorb oil and clear impurities. And I use tea tree oil as a cleanser and a light natural lotion. Every now and again I do proactiv. Once a week or so I will do a clay mask. Most of my products are from LUSH.com.

I don't have many wrinkles although I can see that some will form on my forehead and I will have those laugh lines around my nose. I kinda just accept them.

I don't know if that was helpful. I have a friend who swears by Clinique products including night cream and eye repair. I am a minimalist and would never remember to do eye cream and other speciality things.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast