Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Home-Color Dye

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Best Home-Color Dye

Advertisements
    In your experience, what is your favorite and the best home hair color product? I have recently been getting my hair professionally done and I just don't have the funds for that anymore! So what are your reviews?

I'm looking for a dye that DOESN'T fade easily- I guess we all are, though.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Go to a beauty supply store like Sally's (www.sallybeauty.com). They have color there for very inexpensive and it's the same stuff that stylists use. There are so many colors to choose from and so many lines, I recommend the Ion brand. It's fade resistant and doesn't have that horrible smell to it (it has apple extract in it). You have to buy the color and the developer separately and mix it yourself, but it's really easy. You'll need a bottle and gloves as well and your totaly is usually like $11/12. It's worth spending the extra few dollars though since a lot of box colors from Wal-Mart/Target/Walgreens contain metallic dyes and can cause breakage. Good luck!
    "whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -emily bronte
    fashion lust!
    http://www.iwouldtotallywearthat.blogspot.com
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!!! I don't have a Sallys nearby (closest mall is an HOUR away ) but I will do a search on ION.
  4. Senior Member
    I've had gray (yes, gray) hair since I was fourteen. I have to dye it once a month and I got really sick of paying a lot so I found this Loreal hair color that is $2.98. I ALWAYS get compliments on my hair color & I just saw in a Allure magazine that it's rated #2 for store bought hair color.
  5. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    If you find yourself in a Sally's or something like that, I can help you. I'm a hair stylist so PM me if you ever need me. Or else I'll cry in the corner.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I used to use Herbal Essences hair dye. They always left my hair feeling so soft afterwards and it looked so healthy and hid my few grays very well! They were my favorite! Unfortunetly they either don't make it anymore or all the stores around here stopped carrying it. But I discovered I can order it online, and I just may do that! Because I have tried a few others and didn't care for them. Oh another good brand which i can find at the nex is Hydrience. I've used them before when I was younger!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    WE HAVE A SALLYS!!!!!!!

I just texted my sister and she said we did have one nearby. Apparently I'm an idiot!
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    sally's is great. I used to buy a big bottle of developer and then the color was a few bucks. plus they are the same brands if you buy in the store ( feria which is the best for reds and their developer is awesome btw)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to stop by Sallys and see what they have. I want to do a brownish red. Db hates red so I don't want to go TOO red, just enough to make me happy
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Clairol Perfect 10 High Gloss Color...I love it and it leaves my hair so soft and the color is perfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast