Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our very first ever family pictures... I need help.

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

our very first ever family pictures... I need help.

Advertisements
    I need help figuring out what we should wear. We are doing pictures on Saturday and I'll definitely be getting a whole new outfit (I have nothing, not even jeans) but I don't know what we should wear to match... without wearing the same thing

Andrew doesn't want to get new clothes, so for now we have dark jeans and a green (think, darker army/olive green) polo shirt. I figure I'll wear jeans too but I don't know what color top or what style (I'm not a HUGE polo fan for myself even though I love them on Andrew) or what to put Molly in. I was THINKING this jean dress we have for her, but I need something under it... again, not sure what color.

Would it be stupid to have us all in different shades of green? Should I put Molly in pink, and if so, what color should I wear? Should I not have molly in jean anything and find a pretty dress... again, color? I want us all to have our own look.. but I want it all to tie together so we still match. I also want us to not be overly dressed up (hence the jeans) but I still want us to look nice. Nothing too casual, but nothing too fancy.

Also, I'm not exactly skinny. I carry most of my weight in my stomach so pretty much everything makes me look pregnant or like I have a total beer gut. Any recommendations on where to shop or what kind of jeans to buy that will help this out a bit?
  2. lucky im in love with my best friend
    lucky im in love with my best friend
    hmm when Dh and i got our engagement pics done, i wore a dark plum purple and he wore a light (almost lilac) purple dress shirt. we both wore DARK jeans... the different shades look great in pictures.
    dark colored jeans look dressier without being too dressy and they are very slimming too
  3. Senior Member
    You should wear plum and put Molly is a bright yellow.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    You should wear plum and put Molly is a bright yellow.
    how do those and green go together cohesively? I love the colors, and I have a bright yellow top that could go under her jean dress... but still... I feel like we wouldn't really look like we planned our pictures other than the jeans/jean dress...
    Banned
    This year when we did family photos, we did different shades of purple and black for the tops and jeans. There are 6 of us. It's pretty impossible to all decide. But the different shades actually looked really good.

For you... ... what about trying to find a lighter green shirt for you? Since Andrew's is dark. And then maybe you could find a shirt with green stripes for Molly to wear with her dress to tie it together.

DH is playing XBox so if you give me some time I could probably find something...
  6. lucky im in love with my best friend
    lucky im in love with my best friend
    i like plum, navy, or browns for you and your DD if you dont want to wear another shade of green.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsbeautiful View Post
    This year when we did family photos, we did different shades of purple and black for the tops and jeans. There are 6 of us. It's pretty impossible to all decide. But the different shades actually looked really good.

For you... ... what about trying to find a lighter green shirt for you? Since Andrew's is dark. And then maybe you could find a shirt with green stripes for Molly to wear with her dress to tie it together.

DH is playing XBox so if you give me some time I could probably find something...
    That is kinda what I was thinking... me in a lighter green, and something green but baby cute green for Molly. I actually HAVE a green striped onesie too.. it just might be too small... but I'm definitely not against buying her something

I can give you time.. I'll probably be online for a few more hours... I don't have a problem at all!
  8. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have the same problem with my tummy...I've always carried my weight there. I feel best in v-neck, empire waist blouses, so that's what I would recommend.
  9. Senior Member
    Dark green/olive, plum and yellow are go very nicely together. I actually am thinking about having those be my wedding colors.

I just think everyone wearing the same color but different shades in family pictures looks a little too.... "planned" for me. I don't know why.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What about a black sweater or something if you wanna hide your tummy? Either that or one of those "babydoll" tops where its kinda loose in that area?

Maybe have Andrew wear a black or dark blue polo and khakis.... you wear a black or dark blue sweater and khakis.... and put the baby in something that matches?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast