Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: military ball questions..

1. Live In Love
    Live In Love

military ball questions..

Advertisements
    When goung to the ball, did you do your hair yourself? or did you go to a salon and have it done? I'm asking because I would love to do it myself, but am HORRIBLE at styling my own hair..

My hair is pin straight, and about three to four inches below my shoulders..I have no idea what to do with it, and I have no sense of style whatsoever

Please help if you can
  2. Senior Member
    I can "do" my own hair, but not really style it. I had a friend do it, b/c I'm cheap But if you have no such friend, so to a salon It's fun.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i dont do my own hair. but i go to a school to get it done cause its WAY cheaper.
  4. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by MS234755 View Post
    I can "do" my own hair, but not really style it. I had a friend do it, b/c I'm cheap But if you have no such friend, so to a salon It's fun.
    I can put my hair in a ponytail, and blowdry it. That's literally the extent of my talent. I'm going to san diego for the ball, I don't know anyone haha
  5. Senior Member
    I've done it myself twice and paid for it every other time. In the spring I just did a simple pony tail (my husband wasn't with me so I didn't want to spend the extra money) and a few years ago I went crazy and did the entire head pinned up in curls on top of my head. It took me like 4 hours. I have a lot of hair so I prefer to pay to get it done.
    Needs work.
  6. Senior Member
    Also, if you don't want to spend the money, you could just use a fancy barrette or something.
    Needs work.
  7. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    If you don't want to go to a salon, try a beauty school. It's a cheap way to get your hair done and if the student messes up, the instructor is usually around to correct any problems you may have.

Or you could get curlers or a curling iron and see what your hair would look like curly....and post pics for us to help you out with.

8. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by AliBeat View Post
    If you don't want to go to a salon, try a beauty school. It's a cheap way to get your hair done and if the student messes up, the instructor is usually around to correct any problems you may have.

Or you could get curlers or a curling iron and see what your hair would look like curly....and post pics for us to help you out with.
    I wouldn't mind going to a beauty school, I jsut have to make Josh find one close to him

As for the curlers..they won't hold. And a curling iron, my hair wont hold unless I use a whole can of hairspray. Plus, it never looks good when I do it. I think I'll just look for beauty schools in SD
  9. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherBear View Post
    I wouldn't mind going to a beauty school, I jsut have to make Josh find one close to him

As for the curlers..they won't hold. And a curling iron, my hair wont hold unless I use a whole can of hairspray. Plus, it never looks good when I do it. I think I'll just look for beauty schools in SD

Sounds like beauty schools it is. I'm in California if you want help looking for one. Granted I'm in the Central Valley, but it couldn't help to have someone else looking too...

10. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by AliBeat View Post

Sounds like beauty schools it is. I'm in California if you want help looking for one. Granted I'm in the Central Valley, but it couldn't help to have someone else looking too...
    You are my new favourite person
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast