Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Lipstick tone

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Lipstick tone

Advertisements
    I'm trying to find a good lipstick for myself but I'm always so bad about what will look good on me. I'm VERY fair skinned. If I haven't tanned in a long time even the lightest shade of ivory can be too dark for me.

Here's my face so you can see the tone.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Senior Member
    Go to the MAC counter, they will help you, for they are amazing!
  3. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    well, I just don't want to spend a bunch of money for lipstick.
  4. Senior Member
    about how much, they can test before you buy. you know just in case you dont like it, you dont have to buy it. I was just saying they are really good with helping with those matters.
  5. Senior Member
    The initial tryout at MAC or any other place like Sephora will give you a good idea of what works for you. Spend the $16-20 in purchasing that one color that works the best for your coloring. Remember though, once you find that AMAZING color that works for you, you will have a better idea of getting similar colors from other brands that are more economical for your wallet.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogz View Post
    The initial tryout at MAC or any other place like Sephora will give you a good idea of what works for you. Spend the $16-20 in purchasing that one color that works the best for your coloring. Remember though, once you find that AMAZING color that works for you, you will have a better idea of getting similar colors from other brands that are more economical for your wallet.
    yep, yep. Sephora is a wonderful! they have so many awesome brands there to chose from like urban decay , and stila, and others!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    well, I just don't want to spend a bunch of money for lipstick.
    i'm the same way!! i have gotten my eyes done and my blush done and my lipstick done at makeup counters and hated it so i didnt buy anything. makeup couners are WAY too hit and miss IMO because the other person always has something in their head you would never wear (i've had green eyeshadow and even yellow to "bring out my blue eyes" ). i have the same problem as you OP i never wear lipstick because of it.

try this ... taaz.com its a virtual makeover site that is really cool and fun to mess with. ive messed with makeup on there and went out and bought a color similar and it looked good
  8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash029 View Post
    i'm the same way!! i have gotten my eyes done and my blush done and my lipstick done at makeup counters and hated it so i didnt buy anything. makeup couners are WAY too hit and miss IMO because the other person always has something in their head you would never wear (i've had green eyeshadow and even yellow to "bring out my blue eyes" ). i have the same problem as you OP i never wear lipstick because of it.

try this ... taaz.com its a virtual makeover site that is really cool and fun to mess with. ive messed with makeup on there and went out and bought a color similar and it looked good

Aren't you supposed to wear shades of brown to bring out blue eyes.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    Aren't you supposed to wear shades of brown to bring out blue eyes.
    thats what i thought i couldnt believe one girl did green on me i was like NO i want something i can wear out lol