Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What (not) to Wear - Week 2 Marley

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

What (not) to Wear - Week 2 Marley

Advertisements
    Week 2 Contestant is Marley

Contestant:
    Post pics of outfits or individual pieces you would like critiquing or help with (remember be nice girls). The more pics you post, the better we can understand your style, but don't go overboard. They do not need to be pics of you wearing the clothes, however it helps so we can see you body shape. Please post a pic of you hair and face if you would like hair and makeup suggestions too. Pics must be posted by Wednesday so we have something to critique.

Everyone else:
    Please remember to be nice when critiquing. Give suggestions on the items/outfits posted and how they can be intergrated together and/or mixed with staple pieces (jeans, black pants, pencil skirt, etc). You may post links to items, but remember to say which item from the contestants wardrobe it is too go with. When giving hair and makeup suggestions, post pics if you can.

If you would like to be a contestant, place your name in this thread SOS What not to Wear? and names will be chosen from that thread at random of the people who would like a go.

Have Fun!!!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Whoa..this is interesting! *off to read week 1*
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    These are odds and ends that either I bought and thought they were a good idea but then got them home and hated them or couldn't figure out how to wear them. Some things were gifts. I haven't worn most of them, although some are over 2 years old. They occupy the snooze section of my closet and this year I am either going to make them work or let them go.

I need help building outfits around these odds and ends. I am trying to add color, be open to different ways of matching and accessorize. And frankly, if stuff has to go say that also. I try not to hold onto things that I never wear but somehow these items remain undonated year after year. So, it's do or die for these clothes.

Wait for pix!
  4. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    ooh this is right up my alley! Can't wait till you post pics!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    #1: Crop Blazer. Never worn. Grey pinstripe. It looked so cute in the store but I got it home and couldn't make it work. What to put inside? How can I layer? Is the long sleeve/short jacket look played out like floppy disks?

#2: Sweater jacket. I thought this was a cute alternativish fall sweater. Got it home and felt like a Thriller reject. Never worn. Any hope?

#3 Velvety Jacket. I really like this one but it only makes an appearance around holiday time because it's sooo bright. How can I incorporate this at other times of the year?

#4 Silky shirt. So far have only paired it with a black pencil skirt/cardigan. How can I pair it with other patterns/colors to get different looks?

#5 The style (highwaisted and puffed (hello hips) and length) just did not work for me. Never worn. Any hope?

#6 Very nice jersey bubble bottom skirt. It falls at an odd length and is highwaisted. I want to make it work and have pulled it up really high and worn it once but it wasn't the comfiest. Any hope? Worn once.

#7 Present. Can I take this anywhere outside of a black pencil skirt. Not sure how I feel about the ruffles......

#8 Present. Never worn. Silky boatneck tunic length top with ties. Not sure if this is me. I hate boatnecks. How would you wear this?

#9 Floaty sheer blousy top. I think it's really pretty. Not sure what to do with it.

6. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    there are definitely some pieces here i really like!

i was reading through your descriptions of the items, and i noticed on the high waisted skirts you seem unenthusiastic. do you ever wear this style? are you interested in trying it?

and just to get a better idea of your comfort zones... could you maybe show us a photo of your favorite outfit, and tell us what you like to/are comfortable to show off in how you dress (ex: "i love my legs") and maybe some things that you avoid (ex: "i like modest coverage up top." and what's your body type? tall/short curvy/narrow hips.

sorry if i'm being invasive - it'll just help me get a better idea of things that work for you!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    1 I'd put a lace cami under with just about any bottom. Some black pants or a pencil skirt would look great.

2. I don't know if I really like it. the back is what thows me off.

3.No good advice. I have a hard time with bright red too. I'd say just with some jeans, and a different colored heel. (not black or brown...I think that would look too boring.)

4. I love that shirt. How long/loose is it? I have a hard time mixing patterns, but apparently as long as one is very subtle they will "go". I just feel too busy when I do that. I think it would look awesome tucked in to some wide leg trousers.

5.That's a tough one. How short is it?

6. Is that Max Azria? I think I have that same skirt in a dark purple. I've never worn mine either. I almost wore it once with the band pulled up and a skinny belt in the middle of the panel at the top...with a white button down shrit tucked in, but I wasn't brave enough. My SIL and DH loved how it looked, but I'm a chicken.

7.I don't like the ruffles either. How thin is it? Could you wear it under a black blazer?

8. Hmm....I think the best way would be with dark skinny jeans and maybe some boots.

9. I love that top! Either a pencil skirt or skinny jeans would look best imo. I think with the fullness of the top it needs something form-fitting for the bottom.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help

Quote Originally Posted by rad sugar View Post
    there are definitely some pieces here i really like!

i was reading through your descriptions of the items, and i noticed on the high waisted skirts you seem unenthusiastic. do you ever wear this style? are you interested in trying it?

and just to get a better idea of your comfort zones... could you maybe show us a photo of your favorite outfit, and tell us what you like to/are comfortable to show off in how you dress (ex: "i love my legs") and maybe some things that you avoid (ex: "i like modest coverage up top." and what's your body type? tall/short curvy/narrow hips.

sorry if i'm being invasive - it'll just help me get a better idea of things that work for you!
    I am open to trying almost anything! I kinda stay in a comfort zone of jeans and various tops for casual, very feminine dresses for out and pencil skirts and tops/suits for work.

I am 5ft 9 and 150 pounds. Gentle curves but nothing really major. I think that my shoulders and hips and waist are almost the same width. It's a more straight up and down look than a curvy look, kwim? I like my figure a lot the only thing I struggle against is residual mommy muffin top. (I think that is why I don't like high waisted?) I don't mind short skirts or deep v's as long as they're age appropriate.

This is how I look on an average day. Jeans w/ simple top and few accessories. Yawn.

9. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    Well, number 1 and 3. EASILY be work with Some cute dark jeans and black boots or pumps.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    #3 I agree with Chels- dark wash jeans and a mute colored shirt underneath would be best. Unbuttoned for a more casual look.
    #7 Is it a sweater? You can wear this probably with wide leg trousers for work. Would like to see it on.
    #4 would look good alone or under a colored cardigan for the fall/winter. With the cardigan unbuttoned it would look really nice because the tie can show through.
    #9 How short is that?! It looks really short!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast