Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative Ladies! ETA : I figured out our costume !

1. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3

Creative Ladies! ETA : I figured out our costume !

Advertisements
    EDIT : I think i figured out what I wanna do! its TOTALLY cheesy but ive never seen it done before, soooo maybe it will work out! I want to be an artist and i want him to be my 'work of art'

My vision for me : Mary Jane high heels (found some cute ones at target and wanted to find a costume idea to match ) , short black skirt, artist's apron with paint brushes and temporary tattoos [might be fun to give random people tattoos, again cheesy, but thats me], a fitted white shirt [or something, havent figured out the top part yet] with paint splattered on it, and an artists beret...

for him: I have come up with a couple diff ideas, but the one im liking the most is for him to be "Mr. Perfect - Her work in Progress" ... And dress generally nice, nice jeans and shoes, hair gelled, just 'put together' and then have his shirt paint splattered or something and have a tag that says "Mr. Perfect, her work in Progress" ..

Def need help putting that together, but for now... Im lovin it!

------------------------------------------

Sorry, was not sure where to put this..

So Dh and I are trying to think of fun ideas that are still cute (were not into the ugly makeup, mask thing) to wear out for halloween, I mean if were gonna go out might as well dress up ..

Well we have come up with a million ideas, but dont know how to put them together..We might end up just buying costumes we liked but first were gonna try to figure out how to make it work..

Anyways - I want to be a Run away bride, dont ask why, Just sounds cute ... I was thinking of dressing like a bride somehow, and then just wearing cute tennis shoes .. but what should I wear, a white dress [if i can find a short one] and a veil?? hmmm.... and how would i incorporate DH into that?

Any suggestions? or new ideas?
    Last edited by Carlye<3Sailor; 09-07-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  2. Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    Our other options as of right now are

Painter and work of art - I would dress up in just normal clothes I guess , something cute, with an apron with paint brushes and such and a barret (sp?) and he would wear a white shirt and pants with paint splattered all over them

Mario and the Princess - him , overalls and red shirt mustache and hat with 'M' painted on it, and me, well a princess

He realllly wants to do this one, but im not sure we would have another girl to go along [Nicole but she already has her costume ] He wants me to be a bride, him a ' run away' groom and another girl his 'mistress' basically just dress 'hoochie' and make a sash or something that says mistress
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I like the runaway bride idea! Couldn't he just be the heartbroken groom? I'm not sure how to incorporate that though!

If DH is still around for Halloween, I want him to be Prince Eric so I can be the Little Mermaid!

Good luck!
    "whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -emily bronte
    fashion lust!
    http://www.iwouldtotallywearthat.blogspot.com
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Salt and pepper?
    Fork and a spoon?
    Cereal bowl and box?
    Peas in a pod?
    He-man and She-ra?
    Tortoise and the hare?
  5. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    my mom and step dad went as steve irwin and his wife one year. they even bought one of those blow-up floatie alligators to carry around. My step dad would randomly yell "Crickey! Danger! Danger! Danger!" and proceed to 'wrestle' with the alligator on the floor
  6. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Goldilocks and the three bears...someone I worked with did this last year....you're goldilocks and T is the three bears...he dresses like a bear and pins 2 stuffed bears to him...i've never seen it in action but it sounds cute

7. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokitkat View Post
    my mom and step dad went as steve irwin and his wife one year. they even bought one of those blow-up floatie alligators to carry around. My step dad would randomly yell "Crickey! Danger! Danger! Danger!" and proceed to 'wrestle' with the alligator on the floor
    The year Steve Irwin died DB went as Steve Irwin....complete with snake and sting-ray. I love him but it was pretty tasteless.

Your dads idea sounds way cuter...CRIKEY! Someone spilled a drink!!

8. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    The year Steve Irwin died DB went as Steve Irwin....complete with snake and sting-ray. I love him but it was pretty tasteless.

Your dads idea sounds way cuter...CRIKEY! Someone spilled a drink!!
    they did it before he had died, so it wasn't like bad juju or anything

He really would just randomly yell it! At everything! And then just wrestle with the alligator on the floor. By wrestling I mean throwing it down, jumping on top of it and punching it in the head multiple times. It was hilarious
  9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I think the run away Bride idea is cute, tennis shoes and knee length white dress and a short veil (coould be colored even), for him, you could get a few different shirts (just go to the thrift store) and stitch parts of them together (back from one, the from from 2 others and the sleeves from another) and even 2 different pants if you want, and he could be the many let down fiance's

Some other suggestions:
    football star and cheerleader
    Bonnie and Clyde
    Merideth and McDreamy
    Johnny Cash and June Carter

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlye<3Sailor View Post
    Our other options as of right now are

Painter and work of art - I would dress up in just normal clothes I guess , something cute, with an apron with paint brushes and such and a barret (sp?) and he would wear a white shirt and pants with paint splattered all over them

Mario and the Princess - him , overalls and red shirt mustache and hat with 'M' painted on it, and me, well a princess

He realllly wants to do this one, but im not sure we would have another girl to go along [Nicole but she already has her costume ] He wants me to be a bride, him a ' run away' groom and another girl his 'mistress' basically just dress 'hoochie' and make a sash or something that says mistress
    OF COURSE i would have to be the hoochie. that would work out with whatever costume i bought actually. he would look like a real perv if i wound up with that girl scout costume
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast