Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hair Dye Help

1. Senior Member

Hair Dye Help

Advertisements
    Okay so I usually go get my hair highlighted professionally and this last time she put low lites & hilites in and my hair underneath is just dark. I want to start dying my hair myself so I can take care of my roots myself esp. with another baby I really want lower maintnence hair. So ANY tips you could give me about darkening my hair and covering all my highligts I'd really appreciate it.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My biggest piece of advice to to avoid box color (the ones you buy at Wal-Mart/Target/etc). They are very damaging and drying to your hair and some of them contain metallic dies which can cause breakage. Buying your color at a beauty supply store like Sally's is your best bet. You pick out the color that you want and then also buy the developer. If you're just depositing color, you'll need a 10 volume. What color are you wanting to go to? You look fairly blonde, so are you wanting to match your low lights?

Usually at places like Sally's, there's a cosmetologist who works there. They're very helpful, as are the associates (they have to go through a lot of training as well). Good luck!
    "whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -emily bronte
    fashion lust!
    http://www.iwouldtotallywearthat.blogspot.com