Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: makeup!... on a budget

1. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries

Question makeup!... on a budget

Advertisements
    I've recently decided that I want to start wearing makeup, and not OVER do it. I like simple, plain looks, maybe jazz it up a little, but I don't know what to buy, where to buy it, or even how to apply it.

I've never been a big makeup girl, so I really have no idea. Also, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on it.

Any advice or tips/tricks and where/what to buy? Here's a recent pic of me so maybe you can give me colors and such!

And a closer one..

[don't mind the hair, i haven't felt like brushing it, lol.if you want to offer me advice on hair too, i'd gladly accept it!]

thanks.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm right with you hun! I just recently bought some make-up form Wal-Mart. Just powder, eyeshadow and mascara and a Mac lipgloss. It's a simple change that just makes an enhanced version of me.

I've gotten a fair amount of compliments on how I lok 'refreshed' or 'glowing' but I don't look like a whole different person so thAT's good.
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009
  3. He's my sunshine
    He's my sunshine
    for tips on how to apply makeup i would suggest viewing videos on youtube. that is how i learned and i find the tutorials to be very helpful. As far as makeup goes, covergirl is a pretty good brand that isn't too expensive. also try looking at coastalscents.com. they have awesome palettes for great prices.
    Wifey to Carlooshoo & annary

4. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheska View Post
    for tips on how to apply makeup i would suggest viewing videos on youtube. that is how i learned and i find the tutorials to be very helpful. As far as makeup goes, covergirl is a pretty good brand that isn't too expensive. also try looking at coastalscents.com. they have awesome palettes for great prices.

What colors do you think though? I'm completely clueless about it honestly.

5. team jacob :)
    team jacob :)
    I got to the drugstore, Walmart, and Target. Hahaha.

I only use powder, mascara, eyeliner, and chapstick on a daily basis. If I'm feeling crazy I'll throw eyeshadow on.

CVS has a rad return policy on makeup! If you don't like something you can return it for a full refund! Make sure you hold on to the reciept though.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Im not expert but i think you would look really cute with a lighter shade of brown hair and some smokey eyes and maybe get your eyebrows done a little thinner. As for foundation/cover up i would use clinique ive never used it, but my friend does and its amazing, its a little pricier then covergirl and stuff like that but well worth it i think
  7. team jacob :)
    team jacob :)
    As far as colors.. I have two different powders-- one for summer, one for winter. In the winter I'm drastically lighter than in the summer. I use black mascara, black pencil eyeliner (liquid stuff scares me, I'm not very advanced in makeup skillz) and regular chapstick. When I use eyeshadow for day use I'll usually go with brown, grey, or black because I'm basic and lame like that. Lol. But for nighttime/dates/clubs I go crazy with like neon purples and royal blues and stuff.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I buy all of my makeup from Avon.. (because I sell it of course ) but it's inexpensive and still great quality! if you're interested you can check out my website.. www.youravon.com/pschnee and if you do decide to order anything make sure you enter FSANY as a promotional code when you're checking out! It'll get you free shipping!
  9. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    anyone?

10. Senior Member
    Hmmm, for you I'd suggest dark brown mascara and liner. You could try Mabeline Great Lash Mascara (pink tube). It's usually listed as a great beauty buy in InStyle magazine. I think black would be a little too dark. As far as shadows go, start with soft or neutral colors like light browns or greens until you feel more comfortable. For lips I'd go with either a clear lipgloss or something just a little deeper than your natural color.

These are just my personal suggestions. Feel free to experiment and have fun!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast