Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to a "school" for a haircut?

1. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)

Going to a "school" for a haircut?

Advertisements
    So, I am really needing a haircut. The issue is that dh just left the army, and neither of us has a job yet, so money is a little tight. We were walking downtown last week and I saw that there is a Paul Mitchell school. I thought about going there to get a haircut (it's like $10, as opposed to the $30+ I'd normally spend) but am just worried that I'll get someone who messes up my hair, and then I'll look like crap, which isn't what I need while I'm trying to get a job.
    Has anyone ever gone to a school to have their hair cut? Is it the same quality you'd get by going to a salon, or can you tell that a student did it?

I just am really paranoid, I guess. Thanks for any advice you might have!
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Schools are fine. The students are usually the ones who are about to graduate, and if they messed it up one of the instructors would finish it for free and fix it.
  3. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    I've considered that but I don't know which school to call or how that works... Could you post on community boards to pick up a babysitting job (or two!) so you can get a haircut at Hair Cuttery?

4. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Schools are fine. The students are usually the ones who are about to graduate, and if they messed it up one of the instructors would finish it for free and fix it.
    Thanks - I really had no idea how it works, so that's good to know that they'll make sure it's not messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I've considered that but I don't know which school to call or how that works... Could you post on community boards to pick up a babysitting job (or two!) so you can get a haircut at Hair Cuttery?
    I wasn't sure what "Hair Cuttery" was so I googled it, lol. There isn't one in CO. I'm pretty hesitant to go to the cheap cheap places that you'd find in the mall, (like Super Cuts or whatever) because I've had my hair messed up there, when it was a really simple cut... now that my hair is short, it's definitely more complicated, and it's hard to find someone who can do it right, even with a picture of what it needs to be.

If I asked, DH would probably tell me to go to the salon at JC Penney like I normally do, but I feel guilty spending that kind of money right now.
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  5. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by icarryyourheart View Post
    Thanks - I really had no idea how it works, so that's good to know that they'll make sure it's not messed up.

I wasn't sure what "Hair Cuttery" was so I googled it, lol. There isn't one in CO. I'm pretty hesitant to go to the cheap cheap places that you'd find in the mall, (like Super Cuts or whatever) because I've had my hair messed up there, when it was a really simple cut... now that my hair is short, it's definitely more complicated, and it's hard to find someone who can do it right, even with a picture of what it needs to be.

If I asked, DH would probably tell me to go to the salon at JC Penney like I normally do, but I feel guilty spending that kind of money right now.
    That's really sweet of you and I'm sure if you keep asking you'll find a cheaper alternative.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i always go to the school around here to get my hair cut...they do an awesome job. and teachers are always walking around making sure that they arent messing up lol..
  7. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    I went to school at Paul Mitchell and you will always have awesome hair when you leave. Instructors are there to help them and watch them... or in a worse case scenario, fix things.

8. Senior Member
    I used to always go to a school when I was yonger b/c I had really longer hair and to dye it at a regular place was like $80 but at the school it was $20.

Saying that i decided to go here in SD and got a total wack job and ended up go to a regular place to get it fixed. So I don't know anymore!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I've never gotten my hair cut at a school but it's the only place i go to get highlights and whatnot.. MUCH cheaper! but they always have their "teacher" or whoever come around at the end and check your hair and fix anything
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I plan on going to the Paul Mitchell school for a pedicure!

I have gone to a school for a facial before and LOVED it!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast