Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hair Dying Question

1. Senior Member
    Me: Hazleton PA Him: Biloxi AFB Mississippi

Hair Dying Question

Advertisements
    I found a non-permanant hair dye that lasts a month that I want to use, it lasts for about a month. However in about 2 weeks I think I may want to permanantly dye it. I have a dirty blonde/golden brown color right now and I want to dye it darker. Do you think there would be any problem with dying it permanantly with non-perm. dye in my hair? If this turns out to be a dumb question I'm sorry, I don't know much about hair dying.
  2. Senior Member
    A semi-permanent color is basically just a stain so beware that if youre trying to go darker on your blonde hair, it will grab alot more than you expect. It will fade in a month but most likely the color will still be tinted in your hair. It would be fine to use a permanent color 2 weeks after you used a semi. Good luck
    Gotta look this life in the eye.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k_streit34 View Post
    I found a non-permanant hair dye that lasts a month that I want to use, it lasts for about a month. However in about 2 weeks I think I may want to permanantly dye it. I have a dirty blonde/golden brown color right now and I want to dye it darker. Do you think there would be any problem with dying it permanantly with non-perm. dye in my hair? If this turns out to be a dumb question I'm sorry, I don't know much about hair dying.
    No not at all thats exactly what I did to my hair
  4. Senior Member
    Make sure to do the allergy test before you do your whole head. Ive dyed my hair since I was 12 and the last time I went back to black my whole head ended up swelling
    Banned
    Ooooh.... I definitely don't suggest semi-permanent dye. I personally tried it once and it didn't grab at all. My friend tried to dye hers blue and it started out as this beautiful, deep, royal blue and in about a week, it was a vibrant purple. I know vibrant colors aren't the same as natural ones, but even with natural colors I've heard some pretty ugly stories about semi-permanent dye. If you want to test it out first, I suggest trying something just a little darker than what you have now, and seeing how it works. That way, if you don't like it, you don't have a very drastic change to deal with and you might even be able to dye it back to blonde. If you do like it, you can just go darker.
  6. One day at a time
    One day at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by k_streit34 View Post
    why not just start out with the permanent color in the first place?
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Personally, I LOVE the semi-permanent dyes. They're great if you're not 100% ready to commit to a color. I'm naturally a blonde, and the color usually "grabs" really well with my hair.

However... instead of having a distinct line where your roots start to show.... the color sort of fades and blends into your natural color. At least in my experience. So you don't end up with crazy root lines and stuff