Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a good exfoliator...

1. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce

I need a good exfoliator...

Advertisements
    I need something that's going to really do a kick-ass job. I've used alot of regular exfoliators (That St. Ive's Apricot Scrub is crap to my skin!)...

I have problem areas at the backs of my thighs and my behind.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Senior Member
    I have the same issues on the backs of my thighs. I have an aveeno scrub I use.

But for the real deal scrubbing, I use my foot scrub stuff! Works really well!
  3. Now trying to wait patiently...
    Now trying to wait patiently...
    I use Caress Tahitian Renewal, but still I get ingrown hairs like crazy... I even bought that Axe detailer because it has the rough side... so I don't know what will help.

I was thinking about trying the Pink Grapefruit body wash from Neutrogena, because I love their face scrub... then again I don't know if that even exfoliates... lol
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I actually use a mixture of organic brown sugar and honey. Just mix it in your hands to a thick consistency, massage on, let it sit for a while, then rinse off. Works like a charm, makes me glow like crazy.
  5. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
    I actually use a mixture of organic brown sugar and honey. Just mix it in your hands to a thick consistency, massage on, let it sit for a while, then rinse off. Works like a charm, makes me glow like crazy.
    An exfoliator that I can snack on too?!

That sounds tempting...I need something that's going to do a good scrubbing... How long do you normally let it sit for? Do you just do it in the shower?
  6. Mrs Haines
    Mrs Haines
    Is this acne or simply dry skin? The reason I ask, is that IF it's acne, using a salt scrub may help (especially if you have oily skin) to dry up those areas. IF it's simply dry skin, do not use a salt one. Use a sugar one only, or like a walnut shell powder one. You don't want to put sea salt on dry skin, it'll burn.

For your back, get something ... oh shoot I can't remember what they're called ... it's a long scrubbie strip. It's actually made of a rough plastic, but it's like a plastic washcloth that's like 3 feet long. It'll be abrasive enough to get that skin off your back. I wouldn't suggest using a poofy spong, it'll get the "scrubbers" caught in it and you won't get the benefit of the product. ETA I found mine at Target

At Bath & Body Works, we've got a great salt scrub ... It's called There's the Rub. Make sure to add sea salt to it when you use it. You don't have to but I've found best results when I add coarse salt to it before I apply it.

If you need a sugar scrub, try the brand new signature collection scrubs. They're sugar, and come in great fragrances.

If BBW won't work for you try The Body Shop, but I think their products are more for face in their exfoliators collection.

Okay I hope all of this info helps Good Luck!!
    "I am absolutely convinced that there is no way around this... I have fallen in love with you" - DH

Would you believe me if I told you that fairy-tales come true .. when I'm with you?

7. Banned
    Banned
    ok- you want the best thing eva!!???

it is expensive but it is the best! an it smells insanely delish-

you get it from the Brown Bag parties it is the souffle scrub-
    it is a sugar scrub and IMO the best thing I have ever used.
    it is 23 dollars a bottle- but a little goes a long way!

it is worth every single penny!!!
  8. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by peeps26001 View Post
    Is this acne or simply dry skin? The reason I ask, is that IF it's acne, using a salt scrub may help (especially if you have oily skin) to dry up those areas. IF it's simply dry skin, do not use a salt one. Use a sugar one only, or like a walnut shell powder one. You don't want to put sea salt on dry skin, it'll burn.

For your back, get something ... oh shoot I can't remember what they're called ... it's a long scrubbie strip. It's actually made of a rough plastic, but it's like a plastic washcloth that's like 3 feet long. It'll be abrasive enough to get that skin off your back. I wouldn't suggest using a poofy spong, it'll get the "scrubbers" caught in it and you won't get the benefit of the product.

At Bath & Body Works, we've got a great salt scrub ... It's called There's the Rub. Make sure to add sea salt to it when you use it. You don't have to but I've found best results when I add coarse salt to it before I apply it.

If you need a sugar scrub, try the brand new signature collection scrubs. They're sugar, and come in great fragrances.

If BBW won't work for you try The Body Shop, but I think they're products are more for face in their exfoliators collection.

Okay I hope all of this info helps Good Luck!!
    I definitely have oily skin. My skin gets so bad that the backs of my thighs, so on and so forth, are often rough feeling because of clogged pores.

Does that "There's The Rub" have salt already in it? Were you saying just to add more to make it extra rough? I've seen a few scrubs but didn't know what to use... They're natural oil-based and have sea salt mixed in with them.

Do you know how often I can use the scrub? I would imagine I shouldn't use it every shower right?
  9. Senior Member
    I have a little KP on my arms and I use a product from the Arbonne line. It is a sea salt scrub (Awaken) that helps exfoliate the bumps on my arms and I love it because it uses lemons...smells soooo good.
  10. Senior Member
    i use the salt & sugar scrubs from bath & body works. i have dry skin on my arms, legs & hands and it works wonders
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast