Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: face wash for sensitive, yet acne prone face

1. The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life

face wash for sensitive, yet acne prone face

Advertisements
    so. im guessing my face is becoming, or is sensitive...the current acne wash i use, when i use it in the 3 or 4 step program [as directed] my face is burning. [i use acne free-main ingrediant is bezoyol (sp) at night, and netrogena stress relief in the morning [sycalic acid is main ingrediant]

i've backed off to only using it in the evenings, and using a different type of acne wash in the mornings, but it still burns.

SOOOO, for you all with sensitive, yet acne prone face.

my acne [pimples, like the white heads] is mainly on my chin [really where the sides of my lips are, and straight down...and my cheeks are red/spotty..not really pimples...just acne... [and the pimples really arent that many.. MAYBE 5 at any given time and it seems i always, ALWAYS have at least 3 pimples, but geez, i want CLEAR skin!!]

I've used cetaphil. doesnt work on me...used it for 6 months and saw no difference.

Could it be my face is sensitive, so it's flaring up with acne/pimples as the result in not using sensitive face washes?
    i was thinking of trying the acne free for sensitive faces.

I use a "good" moisturizer. and i use it twice a day....

i ALWAYS wash my face morning and night....and i normally SHOWER, than wash my face in the mornings....at night i wash my face THEN shower.
    ~Ashley

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

doesn't acne free make a sensitive 3 step formula? idk if that's what you use or not.
  3. Senior Member
    I have been a proactive user for 2 year now. can't live without it. went to dermatologist who said my only options were hormone treatments....then I tried proactive last ditch attmept. It is a pretty harsh product but I haven't had problems with it like i have with other products. I use the repairing lotion once a day not twice.

Good luck I know it sucks.
  4. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    i'm not sure what could be causing your acne... but i know that i'm 26 and have terrible acne. its been a bad problem ever since i quit taking BC, almost 2 years ago! i hate it.

i've tried tons of options and haven't had much luck... UNTIL NOW.

i was actually going to post a thread about this, and part of my solution is kinda TMI, just to warn you!

i have been using DHC's salicylic acid line. the face wash and toner are both 2% salicylic acid - and i'm not sure how much is in the moisturizer; the spot treatment actually lists "sulfer" as the main ingredient. DHC is a natural line and cruelty free, which is a MUST for me.

its NOT oil free, i actually get worse acne when i go oil-free bc my face dries out, and i over compensate by producing a ton of extra oil.

i have been using pure organic tea tree oil for the occasional spot treatment too. which, before this, i was usuing the body shop's tea tree oil line, and i had great success with that too... i just ran out, and my stepmom had already ordered me the DHC set.

i am SO GLAD i tried this line of products out. i have been on prescriptions before (topical stuff, not oral meds) and proactiv, and this is the best my skin has been in a LONG time.

TMI:

i also know that sex can improve your skin. by helping with hormone levels and bc of the good stuff your body releases when you have an orgasm.

i haven't been getting laid regularly in years, and its right around the time regular sex ended, my acne problem flared up. hmm.

So... i am making myself masturbate more than usual. i can be really bad about getting busy and not making any "personal" time - sometimes i'll go like a week without taking care of business. so for the past 10 days or so, i've been making myself knock one out at least once a day.

and all of a sudden, i noticed a HUGE improvement.

call me nuts, but this is working. and i'm much happier! :rolf
  5. Senior Member
    I've had sensitive/acne prone skin my whole life and here's what I would suggest in terms of your current regimn:
    I would keep up with what you're doing with the washes, but maybe alternate days of the washes one time during the day, and use a very neutral wash like Cetaphil (which won't help with acne, but is a good very gentle wash to use when you're using other stronger washes/products) the other time. That would be like: in the morning on Monday use the BP wash, at night use the cetaphil (it's good at getting makeup off too!) and Tuesday use the Sa wash in the morning and the cetaphil at night, and repeat the pattern for the other days.

Worth a try?
    Otherwise I always just recommend going to see a dermatologist. They are really the only thing that's going to work, otherwise you'll spend a ton of money trying a million products, none of which I ever found worked for me.
  6. The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    well, i'll have to wait until i move. I am heading to Hawaii in about 2 weeks, so it'll sorta be pointless to find a derm here.

Proactiv was another product that didnt work on me. it seemed to make it all worse.

Rad-i'll be 25 in August. i too figured my acne might have been coming from the oil free stuff-but i use a "good" moisturizer about 20 minutes after i've washed/dried. I'll have to look up the stuff you are using. i've found my face is better with teh BP over the SA though...the "other" thing you reccommended. well, that'll have to wait until i get to hwaii..i currently live with my aunt, and 7 other people...so, def NO free nor alone time!!

firefly-i just googled, and they do. i'll have to run to target or walmart and see if they carry it, and maybe pick it up.

Fullofheart-i'll have to pick up a bar of the cetaphil.....

sheesh so much to think about i guess!!!

Thanks so much so far
    ~Ashley

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

acne free is the only thing that works for my skin. i hope the sensitive formula helps you out.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I vary my skincare regimen based on the season, because of the cyclic humidity here in the south!

In the summer, I use LUSH's Fresh Farmacy facewash (bar) with tea tree toner and imperialis moisturizer. Like Rose, I have to have animal-testing free products. I can also use the face wash for a spot treatment - it definitely brings down the redness.
  9. Senior Member
    It probably burns due to mixing the Benzoyl (sp) peroxide and salicylic acid.

That tends to dry skin out or agitate it even more.

I have fair skin that I thought used to be prone to acne, but it was really being caused by mixing washes and toners that had those conflicting ingredients.

Personally, I like the benzoyl products better, but I have switched to using just neutrogena deep clean facial cleanser for normal to oily skin and I use that twice a day and use clinique moisturizer before I put on make-up. Since I started doing this, my skin has done a complete 180.

Fancy products and regimins can sometimes be too much.

10. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetojump View Post

Rad-i'll be 25 in August. i too figured my acne might have been coming from the oil free stuff-but i use a "good" moisturizer about 20 minutes after i've washed/dried. I'll have to look up the stuff you are using. i've found my face is better with teh BP over the SA though...the "other" thing you reccommended. well, that'll have to wait until i get to hwaii..i currently live with my aunt, and 7 other people...so, def NO free nor alone time!!
    oooh, yay for hawaii. i am moving there too... just not for a year

and the NO alone time sucks, i have BTDT. its hard.

def ask a derm what they think will work best for your skin. the problem i've had with using differin, retin A or other products from the derm is that they dry me out soo much. i living florida and i am in the sun way too much for stuff like that.

the DHC has been a miracle worker for me, but i have dry, splotchy and combination skin. and using cruelty free products is a big deal for me too.

i really hope you find something that works!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast