Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bra size random.

1. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries

Bra size random.

Advertisements
    Here's a random thought/vent/question/discussion for you.

Is a 32D the same as a 34C and a 36B?

According to 3 different stores that I went to and my own bra size, they are not. I am 32 inches around. Not 34, not 36. Thus, when I buy bras with those around sizes, they are too big, the cup is gappy, or they stretch more easily.

My cup size is a D because of where my boob starts and how full they are. No I do not stuff, yes my bra cup size is bigger alphabet-wise than your 36C, no I am not lying to feel like I have big boobies. I hate when girly conversations come up like this because I'm always shying away while people talk about it.

Any bra experts out there? If you worked at Victoria's Secret, I'll tell you right now I owned over $200 worth of bras from them in every size BUT 32D and had to throw them all away within a few months time because of said issues (gapping, stretch, 34 does not equal my size, etc).... The bras I own now from every where but VS have all lasted me well over 2 years now.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm not sure I understand the question... the number is what fist around you and the letter is your cup size... some bras are made a little differently and fit a little differently just as Levis size 12 don't fit the same as American Eagle size 12...
  3. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    My question is: Is a 32D the same as a 34C and a 36B?

I'm using myself as the example of why I do not think they are the same size. A size 12 pant is based on an average waist size. 27" is NOT the same as 30" and thus probably can't both be considered the average for a size 12. See what I mean? (Not saying that 27" is a size 12... just using random numbers here)

My friends who have cornered me into this argument seem to have an issue when I tell them that a 36B is not the same as a 32D. I wear a 32D because my torso is 32" around. Not 36". Make sense?
    Banned
    I'm with you. No matter how many times someone tries to convince me I'm a different size... I'm not. You can measure me all you want and try to talk me into a different bra... but guess what? Still a 32A.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    They are NOT the same size.... the lady at VS convinced me that because they don't carry 32 c in store that a 34 b would do.... and i believed her. Until I got properly fitted and got a good bra.

HOLY SHIT I have amazing boobs now. hahah it's amazing what a properly fitted bra can do. VS lady you can SHOVE it.
  6. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    I am a 32D as well and VS salespeople always try to tell me I an get a 34C and they don't fit right at all! I think they do that to sell bras, because they rarely carry 32D's in the store. I have found that Calvin Klein makes great 32D bras.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

7. Senior Member
    Ohhh... this is specifically a VS problem... I've never been told this before. But no, they are not the same thing! This wasn't something we were taught to use as a selling tactic while I worked and VS... (its been a few years...) maybe just certain stores do this.
  8. "Damn....Those Outlaws Sure Do Make Good Cowboys"
    "Damn....Those Outlaws Sure Do Make Good Cowboys"
    Blog Entries
    im a 46d and VS doesn't carry nuffin in my size. at least the one vs around me doesnt. i got my boobies measured at lane bryant.
  9. Senior Member
    I am a 34G....VS doesn't even recognize a G as a possible cup size... I was told at Lane Bryant that I could wear a... I think it was a 36DD (or was it 36DDD) and it would still work for me... yeah.... no.
    Are you a parent? Ask me how you can help out with my thesis!!
  10. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I am a 32D as well and VS salespeople always try to tell me I an get a 34C and they don't fit right at all! I think they do that to sell bras, because they rarely carry 32D's in the store. I have found that Calvin Klein makes great 32D bras.
    i am normally between a 32B & 32C. i HATE 34B's. now i am a 32D also and yes, my CK's are my current favorite. Macy's carries them, sometimes on clearance.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast