Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dooney & Bourke Purses

1. Senior Member

Dooney & Bourke Purses

Advertisements
    I had a Dooney and Bourke white "it bag" a few years ago. I stored it in the back of my closet and it slowly turned yellow. I'm looking at buying another one and I still only like the white ones. Has anyone else had this problem with their white one? If you did could you fix it? I'm not sure if it was just because it was stuck in a hot closet all day
  2. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Are you a smoker? If you smoke in your house, chances are thats what turned it yellow.

I just realized you're pregnant so were you a smoker, or is/was your SO a smoker, or anybody else in your house

be cool.
  3. Senior Member
    my turned yellow and i dont smoke it just does that over time. the lady at the psot office told me that if you have the papers and send it back they will replace it but i havent proved that theory yet...

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Mark's. View Post
    Are you a smoker? If you smoke in your house, chances are thats what turned it yellow.

I just realized you're pregnant so were you a smoker, or is/was your SO a smoker, or anybody else in your house
    nope nobody smokes neither did the previous owners of the house
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RunAwayLove View Post
    my turned yellow and i dont smoke it just does that over time. the lady at the psot office told me that if you have the papers and send it back they will replace it but i havent proved that theory yet...

oh yeah i didnt have the papers. i IMed them asking about it but they didnt help. they said they had to "inspect" it and i read something saying it costs to fix it. could have read it wrong. ill probaly just get a black one. they need to solve that issue!
  6. Senior Member
    You might try storing the new one in a dust bag. I have a white/off white one and have had it for a few years, and haven't had that problem. I keep it stored in a dust bag, in a plastic tub that fits under my bed.
  7. Senior Member
    I have a white one, had it for about a year and a half and I've used it probably 4 months out of that, the rest it's been stored. I haven't had ANY yellowing issues with it at all?
    I'm assuming you're talking about white leather, right? Or was yours a white fabric one?
  8. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    ive read about this happening, its the leather or whatever. i don't believe it's reversible. there's a place in cali that does purse cleaning for like 60 dollars and while i was googling on how to clean a dooney & bourke fabric purse I ran across someone who had your problem. I'd google around, but most likely its a purse wasted.