Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why cant I find anything to fit right

1. Senior Member

Nutts Why cant I find anything to fit right

Advertisements
    I am 5'1 and I weigh 145. I have somewhat of a tummy cause I have had 2 c-sections. I just cant find anything to fit me right. DH and I going to a concert(kenny chesney) saturday night and I cant find one thing that looks good on me.

I dont wear shorts or skirts or dresses. My legs are just soooooo white. I would scare people. I guess my problem is my tummy.

I just need a friend to go shopping with me one time and help me.

Maybe this should have been in venting.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Get a high waisted top or something with a band under the bust that floats away from your stomach. Wear capris that have easy waistbands that fit to avoid muffin top. If there is extra bulge consider spanx or some other kind of underwear smoother.

You can do this and you will look fabulous, I'm sure!

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Fa...ing-Picks.html
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty60088 View Post
    I am 5'1 and I weigh 145. I have somewhat of a tummy cause I have had 2 c-sections. I just cant find anything to fit me right. DH and I going to a concert(kenny chesney) saturday night and I cant find one thing that looks good on me.

I dont wear shorts or skirts or dresses. My legs are just soooooo white. I would scare people. I guess my problem is my tummy.

I just need a friend to go shopping with me one time and help me.

Maybe this should have been in venting.
    i totally understand... im 5'1 and i am currently at 162. pants are the worst for me and im not a skirt person either. i had a c-section with my dd and one before that due to my ovary contorting on me and needing to be completely removed. so i have a tummy too -- its ok ur tummy isnt the problem its just tough working the right muscles... i joined a gym and got a trainer to help with that

i would say if u can find jeans/pants that fit ur legs and if (and some likely would) have a loose waist then what u are u can always have the tailored in to fit u. thats what i have done and its kinda like getting custom fit pants.

if i lived there i so would go shopping with you. good luck
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    have fun at the concert! we had tickets too but instead are going to the b96 summer bash.

who all is going to be performing at the kenny show?

anyway: to the question. i would find a shirt that has a large band at the bottom that hugs you around your hips and is flowy in the shirt part, kwim? i might not be explaining it right. you can get one in a tank top form, and i would suggest wearing pants. weather is calling for maybe rain this weekend, so you should be prepared, but the tanktop would offset the pants
  5. Banned
    Banned
    A-line, A-line, A-line!!!

Bust out some dresses. Who cares about white legs. I'm wearing a lot of the cotton/spandex dresses right now that are a bit baggy, to hide the extra beer I've been drinking!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica.erin View Post
    have fun at the concert! we had tickets too but instead are going to the b96 summer bash.

who all is going to be performing at the kenny show?

anyway: to the question. i would find a shirt that has a large band at the bottom that hugs you around your hips and is flowy in the shirt part, kwim? i might not be explaining it right. you can get one in a tank top form, and i would suggest wearing pants. weather is calling for maybe rain this weekend, so you should be prepared, but the tanktop would offset the pants

Sugarland, Miranda Lambert, Montomery Gentry, Lady Antebellum

I know what you mean by the shirt. Im going out tomorrow to look for some shirts. I was planning on wearing pants and flip flops but finding a shirt is what I have trouble in,
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I've so been there 5'1 at 150 when I was my heaviest. I agree def get capris that sit higher on the waist ( old navy is good) and don't think you can't wear a fitted shirt, a loose style shirt will make you look bigger than you are. I agree get some spanx to make things smooth. Don't be afraid of dresses or skirts ( self tanner works great btw) a cute sundress can do a world of good.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I've so been there 5'1 at 150 when I was my heaviest. I agree def get capris that sit higher on the waist ( old navy is good) and don't think you can't wear a fitted shirt, a loose style shirt will make you look bigger than you are. I agree get some spanx to make things smooth. Don't be afraid of dresses or skirts ( self tanner works great btw) a cute sundress can do a world of good.

Can someone show me an example cause lord knows im not very bright and im a little confused. lol
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...xtester16.html

I use spanx generically. You can find cheap body shapers at places like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Kohls etc. I usually go up a size because I hate that bounded in feeling. My goal is light support and smooth not pain.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i think you'd get too hot in spanx if it rains and then gets warm.

good luck shirt hunting! i'd suggest forever 21 for these types of types...its FULL of them!

thats quite a lineup. ill bet it will be a great time! take lots of pics.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast