Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nails & tanning help please! :)

1. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3

Nails & tanning help please! :)

Advertisements
    I was just reading a thread that one of the other ladies put up here about tanning, and I also an new to this whole tanning deal, haha. I was just wondering, which is better, using a tanning bed or laying outside? I'm sure personal perferance has a lot to do with it, but which one works better for you ladies?

I personally like the idea of a tanning bed, because it's only a few minutes of my time. When I lay outside I get bored, and I just don't like being out for long. But at the same time, I'm cheap as all get out so I don't like the idea of paying for something that I can get for free, ha!

I also have another question. DB gets home in like 2 months, and I really want to get my nails done. I've only had acrylics once, so how long do they usually stay looking good? I'm gonna be with him for (hopefully if all goes well) for two weeks, will they look bad?
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I lay outside. I don't like tanning in a bed personally, plus it helps my parents have a pool so bonus.

as for nails you usually have to get them filled every 2 weeks depending on how fast your real nails grow. it also depends on how hard you are on your nails and what kind you get ( ie french tip or just painted) I would get them the day before he comes home and you should be good till he leaves.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    Blog Entries
    if you get them done like a week before homecoming you should be fine. i wouldnt recommend going tanning with them though some tanning beds turn them a yellowish color
    i think that using a tanning bed is actually safer because you have an alloted time to go instead of laying out for hours and hours and hours in the sun
  4. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3
    Ooo, I'm glad about the nails news!! I'm actually really excited to get them, I love the way they look, but I'm too cheap to just go get them for no reason, hahaha! I'm thinking I'm just gonna get a the french tip, and I'm also thinking about getting my toes done too so they will match. As you can tell, I'm making a big deal out of his homecoming, hahaha.
  5. We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdanows View Post
    Ooo, I'm glad about the nails news!! I'm actually really excited to get them, I love the way they look, but I'm too cheap to just go get them for no reason, hahaha! I'm thinking I'm just gonna get a the french tip, and I'm also thinking about getting my toes done too so they will match. As you can tell, I'm making a big deal out of his homecoming, hahaha.
    oh dont worry im getting my nails and toes done haha i cant wait for homecoming and im making a HUGE deal outta this one as well
  6. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    I lay outside as well. Tanning beds make me nervous. Being outside is free and you may have to stay out there longer, but I just entertain myself with music or texting or playing dumb games on my phone.

With your nails, they should be still looking decent after two weeks. As long as you aren't gardening or doing oil changes with your bare hands on a daily basis.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I personally like to lay in the beds a little to get a base tan before I go outside. Mainly because I can control the amount of time in the bed. But once I get a little color, I go for the free option of being in the sun

But if you do plan on going in the beds, get your acrylics AFTER, the lights make the nails look a little funky.

Also if you're going for a more temporary option, honestly just getting a really nice professional french manicure is better for your nails than getting a gel or acrylic nail. Both damage your nails, so when you go to remove them you'll need to wait several weeks, even up to a couple of months for your nails to grow out and look good again.
  8. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrew4 View Post
    I personally like to lay in the beds a little to get a base tan before I go outside. Mainly because I can control the amount of time in the bed. But once I get a little color, I go for the free option of being in the sun

But if you do plan on going in the beds, get your acrylics AFTER, the lights make the nails look a little funky.

Also if you're going for a more temporary option, honestly just getting a really nice professional french manicure is better for your nails than getting a gel or acrylic nail. Both damage your nails, so when you go to remove them you'll need to wait several weeks, even up to a couple of months for your nails to grow out and look good again.
    I have given it some thought about just getting them done that way, but I hate my nails. They hardly ever grow, and well, they just aren't pretty, hahaha. I'm still debating though, if I can somehow grow them up that's what I'm gonna do.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I prefer tanning beds as well..it took me less then 2 weeks to get a good tan and normally outside it would have taken forever.

For nails..I get gel nails and I usually get then done every 3 weeks..my nails don't grow fast.
  10. Senior Member
    If you decide to get your nails done, go for the gels not acrylics. I've had both & it is really hard for me to break a nail with the gels while with the acrylics i'd break one every other week. Plus,the gels aren't as heavy on your nails & my nails aren't as soft when I take them aff as they are after having acrylics. (Plus if you do a french tip my nail place puts a layer of gel over the polish so my nails look awesome for weeks! Otherwise my polish is fucked up within a day or two!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast