Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Calling all hair colorists!

1. Senior Member

Exclamation Calling all hair colorists!

Advertisements
    Help!

Yeah, so I dyed my hair at home because I didn't want to spend the money.
    Last time I had it colored(in a salon) was in Feb. and it has since faded, pretty much completely. I'm a dull dark brown color naturally, and the color I wanted to to go is a dark auburn...well I dyed it, followed the directions, but my roots, are a lot lighter than the rest of my head My roots are almost like a light brown/redish color and the rest of my head is the auburn color I was aiming for.

How do I fix my roots???
  2. Senior Member
    You could try to do it yourself at home by more dye just applied to the roots, but I would suggest a salon.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by cbc1980; 02-01-2010 at 07:09 PM.
  4. Senior Member
    I have no idea how to fix that...but I will help so maybe someone who does know...can help! friend!
  5. New beginnings :)
    New beginnings :)
    (hair stylist here)
    To be honest, you're best off going to the salon. You have what are called "hot roots" When you have new/virgin hair growing in, it accepts color differently than the rest of your already colored hair. You could try and color over every thing again, but it will probably just end up as a darker version of what you already have.
    Your best bet is to just suck it up and head to the salon. An all over color correction shouldn't be too horribly expensive. And it will be worth the results.
    If you absolutely 100% cannot afford to go to the salon, purchase the same color or darker, apply to roots/new growth first (the part that you said is lighter).Then, after a few minutes (10-15) pull the color through the rest of your hair. That should even it out a bit and make it less noticeable.
    Keep in mind though, the more times that you try to color and fix it yourself, the harder it is to match or fix it in the future. You could end up with a spotted/calico mess!

Good luck girlie
    Philippians 4:13
  6. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi87 View Post
    (hair stylist here)
    To be honest, you're best off going to the salon. You have what are called "hot roots" When you have new/virgin hair growing in, it accepts color differently than the rest of your already colored hair. You could try and color over every thing again, but it will probably just end up as a darker version of what you already have.
    Your best bet is to just suck it up and head to the salon. An all over color correction shouldn't be too horribly expensive. And it will be worth the results.
    If you absolutely 100% cannot afford to go to the salon, purchase the same color or darker, apply to roots/new growth first (the part that you said is lighter).Then, after a few minutes (10-15) pull the color through the rest of your hair. That should even it out a bit and make it less noticeable.
    Keep in mind though, the more times that you try to color and fix it yourself, the harder it is to match or fix it in the future. You could end up with a spotted/calico mess!

Good luck girlie
    Another hair stylist here and I agree. However, I wouldn't try doing it yourself again. That won't help. Goodluck!

7. Senior Member
    Thank you, y'all!!
    I'm sucking it up and going in to get it fixed.

I'm gonna take before and after pics so you can see how goofty it looks!
  8. Senior Member
    Good luck girlie! Can't wait to see the
  9. New beginnings :)
    New beginnings :)
    Hehe I love before and after pics!
    Philippians 4:13